Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Timothy to appear with Poco at Stagecoach!

Default Re: Timothy to appear with Poco at Stagecoach!

Can't wait Carol-Lynn!

Found this recent article with Rusty Young that mentions Timothy, Randy, the Eagles and Stagecoach. Turns out Young is writing an autobiography, too. I'm sure you PocoNuts already know that, but it's news to me!

An excerpt:

Young is finally writing an autobiography chronicling his four crazy decades in country rock. Previous books, he says, “always got it wrong, which is infuriating.” So his account boasts characters such as Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Gram Parsons and renowned alums Randy Meisner and Timothy B. Schmit, both of whom Poco lost to the Eagles.

But he’s not bitter. “If the Eagles weren’t so successful in the mid-’70s, we probably would’ve been dropped by our record company before our ‘Legend’ album happened in ’78,” he says.

The history is still being scripted. On a rare Eagles break, Schmit will rejoin Young and co-vocalist Paul Cotton for its Stagecoach Festival appearance in Indio on Sunday. Furay and Messina were already on board, Young says after playing a recent reunion gig in Missouri.

Poco will soon be staging “Rose of Cimarron” concerts, playing the watershed set from start to finish.

No new album to tout, Young says, but he’s content.

“The way I look at it is, I wish I had Don Henley’s ranch in Wyoming. But at every concert we play, I meet people who say, ‘This Poco song was played at my wedding’ or ‘This one was playing when I proposed to my wife.’ There are all these stories about how our music has affected people’s lives. And that, to me, is much more valuable."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Thanks for that Soda, I didn't know about Rusty's upcoming book. Carol Lynn, I'm so excited for you! I just read a brief summary of what happened yesterday at the Poco show... and it brought a "tear of joy to my eyes". You will certainly have a wonderful time.

BTW guys, I strongly encourage anyone who wants to find out more about the Poco shows to visit their official message board. Lots of good info there - even posts from people associated with the band and their drummer himself!

Think we'll ever see the Eagles' drummer on any message boards? lol!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I think my favorite part of what I read was (paraphrashing) that Tim didn't want to go on stage until they sat in a circle and practiced their parts. He Circle of Feared them!

Soda, if an Eagle drummer made an appearance on this message board, women all over would be fainting at their computers!

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesvet View Post
    Ooh, LTLH, I see you've opted for the double-header for your av...very nice!
    I know, I changed it three times this week. Each time it just kept getting better. =)

Stuck on the Border

Since when has Don Henley had a ranch in Wyoming?

Talking Re: Timothy to appear with Poco at Stagecoach!

Yes, that Poco Board is really unique Nancy. Seldom see band members actually posting to chat boards -kinddah nice.

THREE MORE DAYS

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGalNow

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Since when has Don Henley had a ranch in Wyoming?
    I was wondering the same thing. I don't recall ever hearing or reading anything about Don owning a ranch there.

Carol-Lynn, I look forward to reading your review and seeing the pics you take. Like everybody else here, i'm so excited for this show and i'm not evening going. You must hurry back with a full report.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Talking Re: Timothy to appear with Poco at Stagecoach!

Finally a pix of Poco with TimmieB at Santa Ynez's Maverick show Wednesday night. Here is the link. The pix is small but it is mighty!

http://www.richiefuray.com/phpBB3/vi....php?f=1&t=556

TWO MORE DAYS TO

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGalNow

Border Desperado

Oh thank you Carol-Lynn! That is a great pic. I'm so excited for you!

I have had my share of moments of weakness, but I don't think I can go through with this. I really would love to fly out to see them...

I'm jonesing over here! I'm at work and I can't get on his (richie's) site! I can't see the picture. I've been waiting for this and now I can't see it! I may die from withdrawl...