Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quarterback

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Quarterback

And that snap count would go on and on and on....I may never say "Hike!"

Dammit, 4 Hail Mary's!
    Whoa Molly - I claimed center first, and it happens to be 3rd and long, so step aside sister.

Oh crap - I think I just got penalized for roughing the passer!

Well Molly - After further review, I think it's definately 1st and TEN!

~~~~~~

I'm just a hired hand working on the dreams I plan to try. The days go by...

I see Glenn as more of a "tight end".
    MizCB - he is versatile, isn't he? I can definately see Glenn in multiple positions!

~~~~~~

So while all you ladies are practicing your fancy "football" moves on the field, I plan to be in the locker room helping to revive a certain long haired gentleman's tired and sore muscles.

(Molly, can you make room in that pew for me?

Stuck on the Border

All right, I may as well go for the entire Rosary at this point...

Dreamer, I've always heard football basically always comes down to a game of inches! And then there's the whole discussion of the best way to get into the end zone.

My game would definitely go into overtime. Of course then there will need to be a coin toss. Heads or tails? My answer - Both!

Stuck on the Border

What have I started?

Could I say that in 'real' football (soccer) he would be a striker? Or perhaps he would think of himself as a 'midfield general'. I suppose I should now make a joke along the lines of 'he shoots, he scores'.

~~~

There's talk on the street, it sounds so familiar
    Great expectations, everybody's watching you

FP - I know you started this off as a serious topic and I agree with what you said about Glenn's statement. He always tend to downplay his role. His modesty is one of the things that is so charismatic about him, IMO.

HOWEVER, please accept my apologies because the football analogies just beg for shallowness.

So Karen - how did that long-haired fellow tire out so quickly - I guess you had him run the two-minute drill one too many times.

Now Molly - I don't think Glenn will have any problem scoring in this game. My favorite way of getting into the end zone has always been a long drive with a good balance between handing off and deep passes. Of course, the perfect drive never involves illegal use of the hands.

And for you FP - you say "he shoots, he scores" - in my way of playing the game, I prefer to reverse that order.

Okay - now move over ladies and make some more space in that pew.

~~~~~~

FP - I know you started this off as a serious topic and I agree with what you said about Glenn's statement. He always tend to downplay his role. His modesty is one of the things that is so charismatic about him, IMO.

I just hope the comment about handing off a lot doesn't mean he's giving away the majority of lead vocals to others as he did on Hotel California.

As for football talk, well... not much to add there! Except

~

I just hope the comment about handing off a lot doesn't mean he's giving away the majority of lead vocals to others as he did on Hotel California.
    I agree with you here, too. This is just my opinion, but I think Glenn definately asserted himself a lot more in F1 than he did in HFO. He truly "handed off" in HFO. I think with time and maturity, they have all come to realize, that what makes the Eagles so special is the combination of all of the guys. It's obvious that they draw much larger crowds as the Eagles than any of them do as solo acts. If they do release that CD, I really hope Glenn has more than one lead vocal, even though Don is the "chief vocalist." At least in the F1 tour, Glenn had pretty much equal time with Don. And it seems to me that these days all of them are okay with sharing the spotlight. I don't think any of them probably have the energy required to try to be front and center all the time now.

~~~~~~

I haven't a clue about American football but I've just picked myself up from the floor laughing. You girls are so bad! Apologies for reverting to shallowness, but if it were rugby I'd be waiting for the interception and the up and under to inside centre. Any more room in that pew?

~~~

This way to happiness...

So Karen - how did that long-haired fellow tire out so quickly - I guess you had him run the two-minute drill one too many times.
    Oh honey, I'm praying those drills are much longer than two minutes!!