Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quarterback

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Quarterback

I thought the quarterback was the star player even though he isn't necessarily fully involved for the whole game. When he is though, you know about it. So I didn't think Glenn was downplaying his role but being his usual generous self to the other three as well as emphasising his own strengths.

I think we are all worried how many songs he will sing on this album but because albums are longer these days, I am hoping for at least three or four. I think that's not much to ask for.

As for the way he 'handed off' in HFO, while admirable, it was extremely frustrating. F1 represents the real Eagles where he is the dominant force even if he doesn't think he is the 'chief vocalist', which is something else on which I could take issue with him.

~~~

There's talk on the street, it sounds so familiar
    Great expectations, everybody's watching you

I thought the quarterback was the star player even though he isn't necessarily fully involved for the whole game.
    You're right - he's the one who calls the shots, so I guess in that sense, Glenn wasn't being modest! lol

~

I think he should be thought of as a player/ manager - part of the team, but also guiding the whole team towards a cohesive and successful future.

~~~

This way to happiness...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I agree with everything said here. I said Glenn downplayed his role - but I agree with you all. I think that was a bad choice of words. I really meant to say pretty much exactly what all of you have said.

And now ( bear with me, I think I'm almost done) - speaking of choice of words ...

Let me just say that I think this is going to be a very high scoring game with lots of turnovers. I sure don't plan on playing any defense. I am very eager for Glenn to get in the end zone a lot so I can keep repeatedly cheering "Yeah Glenn touch down! Yeah Glenn touch down!" :rotfl:

Now - can one of you girls please pass those communion wafers my way.

~~~~~~

I'm just a hired hand working on the dreams I plan to try. The days go by...