Thread: Can you hear it too?

Default Can you hear it too?

While I was listening to the radio the other day I heard a few songs that got me wondering what some songs would sound like if the Eagles were singing it or if one of the guys were singing it solo. I'm talking about songs that are popular today. Some of these might be a bit of a stretch but here are some examples:

Don singing You Found Me-The Fray or Lost?-Coldplay or I'm Yours- Jason Mraz

Joe singing Gives You Hell-All American Rejects (I think this would be a fun song for him to do)

This is definitely a stretch but I can hear Glenn doing his own version of Never Gonna Be Alone- Nickelback

This could be just me but i can hear the guys doing these songs. Anybody else?
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Default Re: Can you hear it too?

Hmm, interesting topic! I'll have to give it some thought.

Love your ideas, Peek! I can totally hear Joe singing that especially!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Hmmm great topic. Well, some of mine sound kind of weird but in my head I can totally hear it! lol!

Don
    Vultures - John Mayer: for some reason I can totally hear Don doing this. You guys are probably thinking "she's crazy" but when I hear this song I hear a combination of Don on "Everybody Knows," "Fast Company," and a couple of his other songs. He can even go into the falsetto chorus.

I'm Gonna Find Another You - John Mayer: Yep, another Mayer song. Has that nice bluesy influence that Don likes to sing with. I could possibly hear Glenn singing this one too actually.

A couple of not so current popular songs I would like to hear Don sing: One & I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For by U2. I would just to hear Don's raspy voice wrap around the lyrics of these two. I think he could pull it off!

Timothy
    Home - Michael Buble: I can hear Tim do this with a gentle, soft approach to the song. Just smooth like ICTYW.

I'll have to put some thought into Glenn, Joe, and more for Timothy. I don't listen to a lot of current popular music so it's a little harder than I thought it was going to be lol

You know what Maleah, I think that's a good one for Timothy too! I can actually hear him doing Home.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Too funny...just the other night, I heard I'm Yours by Jason Mraz (actually, I hear it almost every night if I have the radio on), but I actually thought about Glenn singing it! And I agree with the John Mayer bluesy influence being perfect for Don or Glenn!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

I can here don sing I'm Yours- Jason Mraz

auntmeda:}

I can hear Joe doing Rockstar by Nickelback.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysUD1VlnB4M[/ame]

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Ooh!!! That's a good one, Soda. And the video was really neat. I can definitely hear Joe singing Rockstar. There's a few songs by Nickelback that I can see him doing.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."