Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "Desperado"

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Celebration of "Desperado"

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Sun View Post
    I feel that this an illegitimate list. Not that anyone cares . . .
    SS – I have no problem with you disagreeing with the final results of the poll, however, I have to take issue with your assertion that the results are illegitimate. To me, illegitimacy would mean that I tallied the results unfairly or improperly as set forth in the rules that were initially established. I triple-checked my calculations, but, of course, I’m not infallible. So if anyone came up with a different result than I, I would very much appreciate your feedback and will be glad to correct any mistakes.

However, if your objection is about the rules for conducting the poll or the end results, you are certainly free to disagree. While, I wholeheartedly disagree with the order of your list, I certainly believe it is just as legitimate as mine or any others. Likewise, if we decided to conduct a similar exercise using only 5 songs from the album, the final order of finish would still be legitimate. All this poll represents is a fun, unscientific exercise that a small number of fans on this board weighed in on - nothing more.

In any event, hope everyone enjoyed participating. The biggest surprises to me were that Saturday Night gained 3 spots and Out of Control dropped 3 spots once the recent lists were tallied.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    SS – I have no problem with you disagreeing with the final results of the poll, however, I have to take issue with your assertion that the results are illegitimate. To me, illegitimacy would mean that I tallied the results unfairly or improperly as set forth in the rules that were initially established. I triple-checked my calculations, but, of course, I’m not infallible. So if anyone came up with a different result than I, I would very much appreciate your feedback and will be glad to correct any mistakes.

However, if your objection is about the rules for conducting the poll or the end results, you are certainly free to disagree. While, I wholeheartedly disagree with the order of your list, I certainly believe it is just as legitimate as mine or any others. Likewise, if we decided to conduct a similar exercise using only 5 songs from the album, the final order of finish would still be legitimate. All this poll represents is a fun, unscientific exercise that a small number of fans on this board weighed in on - nothing more.

In any event, hope everyone enjoyed participating. The biggest surprises to me were that Saturday Night gained 3 spots and Out of Control dropped 3 spots once the recent lists were tallied.
    My only objection was not including Doolin-Dalton (instrumental) in the final results. After all, it was very much a separate song. There was no reason to disregard it. But please don't take my objection too seriously, I very much appreciate your efforts

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thank you and I take your point about the Doolin-Dalton instrumental being a separate song. But, it wasn't included in the poll for reasons previously given.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I found this news item from 2012 related to Record Store Day. The folks at “CBS This Morning” list their favorite albums.

1. Erica Hill - 21 by Adele
    2. Gayle King - Tapestry by Carole King
    3. Charlie Rose - Modern Sounds in Country and Western Music by Ray Charles
    4. Rebecca Jarvis - Watch the Throne by Jay-Z and Kanye West
    5. Mo Rocca - Barbra Streisand, The Broadway Album
    6. John Miller - Desperado by the Eagles
    7. Chris Licht - Rumours by Fleetwood Mac
    8. Lee Woodruff - Karla Bonoff by Karla Bonoff
    9. Jeff Glor - Tommy by The Who

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/cbs...rite-albums/6/

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Border Rebel

Thanks, Dreamer, for your efforts! I enjoyed it!

Delilah- Love Tapestry, Rumours, and of course, Desparado! Had a little Tommy moment around 1975, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Thank you and I take your point about the Doolin-Dalton instrumental being a separate song. But, it wasn't included in the poll for reasons previously given.
    Could you tell me what those reasons were, or direct me to the relevant message number? Just curious

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Sun View Post
    Could you tell me what those reasons were, or direct me to the relevant message number? Just curious

I'll do it because I'm here.

I could have included the Doolin-Dalton instrumental in the original list, but decided not to because, in the past, when we did include it, it would always end up in last place. In any event, feel free to include it in your list if you like. However, I won't include it in the final tally because we all have to be ranking the same songs to get a true result.

Page 31 of the thread, post #309.

Banned

Cool Re: Celebration of "Desperado"

You guys really take this stuff seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I'll do it because I'm here.

I could have included the Doolin-Dalton instrumental in the original list, but decided not to because, in the past, when we did include it, it would always end up in last place. In any event, feel free to include it in your list if you like. However, I won't include it in the final tally because we all have to be ranking the same songs to get a true result.

Page 31 of the thread, post #309.
    Thanks

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I found this news item from 2012 related to Record Store Day. The folks at “CBS This Morning” list their favorite albums.

1. Erica Hill - 21 by Adele
    2. Gayle King - Tapestry by Carole King
    3. Charlie Rose - Modern Sounds in Country and Western Music by Ray Charles
    4. Rebecca Jarvis - Watch the Throne by Jay-Z and Kanye West
    5. Mo Rocca - Barbra Streisand, The Broadway Album
    6. John Miller - Desperado by the Eagles
    7. Chris Licht - Rumours by Fleetwood Mac
    8. Lee Woodruff - Karla Bonoff by Karla Bonoff
    9. Jeff Glor - Tommy by The Who

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/cbs...rite-albums/6/
    Much respect to Lee Woodruff for choosing Karla Bonoff. I had to Google John Miller - I know him by sight (and will think of Desperado every time henceforth I see him on tv). I didn't know Mo Rocca was gay.