Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "Desperado"

Default Re: Desperado Anniversary Appreciation Thread

And to continue the theme - the single Tequila Sunrise was released on this day in 1973.

Check out this single cover! Love Glenn's expression, lol.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I was watching the Desperado Under the Covers segment when I was making my avatar and it struck me that they seem really proud of this album, to this day.

Glenn: "It's been a record, and a concept, that's withstood the test of time and it's gotten better as the years have gone on, as a whole piece. It's now a well-recognized concept album."

Desperado is one of my favourite Eagles albums. I love the Wild West theme, and I like the fact that it's youthful and energetic (Twenty One, Out Of Control), while still carrying many of the darker themes that have permeated Eagles records since (Saturday Night, Desperado, Doolin Dalton.) There is not a song I dislike. I still marvel at the fact that Glenn and Don wrote a song like Desperado at such a young age.

Thanks for posting the Tequila Sunrise cover, Soda. Glenn is smokin'! Randy's expression cracks me up.

The Kirshner vid was a treat, too. I can't get enough of that show. Don in that shirt with that 'fro... Such a cutie!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Border Desperado

Desperado is one of my favorite Eagles albums; there isn't a song on it that I dislike. It was a major accomplishment for them. This was a huge accomplishment for them, methinks.

I wish I had more time right now to write out my views on the different songs but hopefully later. I love hearing everyone's different opinions on the album.

Just noticed that your av is animated, Soda. (My internet was playing up a little while ago and the picture didn't move.) WOW! It looks fantastic.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

I, too, like your avi soda!

Now, for my philosophical (sp?) side, concerning troub's comment about Glenn and Don writing Desperado, I believe there are people we are supposed to be connected to in life - based on our God given destiny's. It can not be a coincidence that these guys are together...I'm not talking about fate...I think they were destined to work together...jmho...

~Tonja~

The segment below is where I got both the avatar footage and the Glenn quote. Great behind-the-scenes stuff! Glenn especially looks GOOD. It's from the Under the Covers documentary.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt5kAgVnrx4[/ame]

GOOD is not the word for Glenn the narrator of the video...that is his BEST EVER look, IMHO!! No comparison to Glenn the cowboy look, for me, anyway...

I LOVE Jackson Browne's acting in the film...he know how to take a hit! And HE looks extra-hot with that smile at the end of his dying scene !
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

I'm with you, EV. My favorite time for Glenn was his look around the HFO era. He's devastatingly handsome in the video as narrator, and only very sexy as a cowboy. There is a gradation there.

Check it out:

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well, real life has really limited my time on the board lately, so, sadly, I have been unable to give this thread its proper due. Desperado is my second favorite Eagles album. And as has been previously stated, even though it wasn't a huge commercial success, it is an outstanding piece of work. I've said before that at the time the album was released, it seemed to have an identity crisis - too rock for country and too country for rock. However, justice prevailed and time has been very kind to it. I love all the songs on the album, especially the Doolin' Dalton/Desperado Reprise.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016