Page 1 of 51 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Default Introduce Yourself

This is a thread for people to introduce themselves. While geared towards first-time posters, the veterans can post a bit about themselves, too! I'll start.

My name is Nancy. I'm currently a graduate student at Purdue University and I hope to get my PhD at the end of 2007. :: knocks on wood :: My area of interest is Renaissance Literature, although I have a secondary in Gender Studies. I also teach, edit, and tutor.

I was born in New Jersey but grew up in Texas. I live in Indiana now, and I love the changing seasons. I'm over 30 (no more details necessary there). I'm single, but I have a cat named Milton whom I adore!

I only got into the Eagles hard-core recently (June 2005, when I saw a Henley/Nicks show and was blown away). My other obsessions is Fleetwood Mac and I have a site dedicated to Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks as well as this one - BuckinghamNicks.net. I haven't updated it in forever, though! I've been concentrating my efforts on GFO.

I welcome all newbies to The Border. I hope you enjoy yourself!

Edited to add: Here is a photo of me with WitchyMummy from June 2006. I'm the one with the Purdue shirt.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Hi

My name Kath.

I'm in my late 20's. I attend college part-time where I am studying to become a social service worker. I love animals and have a cat named Midori who RULES this house!

I enjoy Scrapbooking working on the computer, the Eagles ( duhhh!),listening to music and playing cribbage.

Welcome to all new members of The Border! Have a great time

Stuck on the Border

My name is Julie. I was born in Newcastle, New South Wales. I got an Arts degree (English & History) from the Australian National University in Canberra. I have lived in Sydney since 1982.

I am married to an Englishman from Newcastle-upon-Tyne. We have an 8 year old daughter and a 40 kilo Akita (Japanese hunting dog) called Cal.

I worked in the Australian public service until 2003 and now I'm 'at home'.

As well as being devoted to the Eagles my other favourite music includes the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Neil Young, Van Morrison, Dire Straits & Randy Newman. I also like films - mainly classic cinema, costume dramas & comedies. I follow football (soccer) with Liverpool FC and Rugby League with the Sydney Roosters. I am very interested in politics and I support the Australian Labor Party (so I'm on the 'left').

Welcome to all future Border newbies.

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Hi,

my name is Michaela, I'm 43 and the only non-English speaker here. I was born in Bremen, Northern Germany and I still live in Bremen (I have no idea why ) and work as a secretary in a steel company.

I'm not married and I don't have kids.
    I love it to spend my time with my friends and family but also enjoy to be at home watching films or listening to music and hanging around on the Eagles message boards. My second obsession is Keith Urban, I just wanted to mention that.
    I like films, escpecially science fiction, thriller, horror and comedians.

Ok, I don't have a current photo and this is about 2 years old.

Welcome to all future newbies.

Hi,I'm Billy.I am 45 yrs old.Been with my wife June,since we were 17.(married nearly 26 yrs)We have two adult daughters,and two grandsons.I have been a policeman,here in Scotland,for almost 27 yrs.
    Away from,Eagles boards,i am a Celtic football club supporter,and try to play 5 aside football,to keep fit.
    Been an eagles fan since the 70's,but like a lot of the new bands too.
    This pic was taken around about our silver wedding(wedding pic,insert).

Take It Easy
    Billy

Hello, my name is Liza, I'm still in my thirties and I live in Basingstoke, UK. I'm married with two daughters (aged 7 and 9). I work as a Senior Bookseller in our local bookshop.

As you may have guessed, I love Randy Meisner (and the Eagles too). I love Star Wars, music, reading and spending time on my computer.

My girls love music as much as I do, and they can identify all of the Eagles songs and who is singing lead vocal (a lot of adults can't do that!). And they adore Randy too!

You can spend all your time making money
    You can spend all your love making time
    If it all fell to pieces tomorrow
    Could you still be mine

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Hi! I'm 50 and have been married to my high school sweethart for over 32 years. We have a grown daughter (29) and son (24). We have lived around this community in Missouri all of our lives. Our daughter has "broken out" and lives in Texas. Our son is in college 4 1/2 hours away, across the state. So, we are empty nesters and we like it, although, we miss them a lot.

I work for a utility company and have been there for 16 years. My office is only about 2 miles from home and there is only a gas station and school in the little town (besides about 85 homes and 2 churches).

My hubby and I listened to the Eagles on the radio when we were dating and he bought their first album in '73 and brought it to school and played it on a record player while we decorated the gym for prom. That was the beginning of my infatuation with them. I actually got Don's autograph on it when I met him in 2004! Don and Glenn are my favorites, but I love the rest of them, too!

Besides the Eagles, I like the CSN & Y, Stones, Aerosmith, John Mellencamp, Bob Seger, Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, Little Big Town, and Keith Urban.

I enjoy decorating our home, walking, and 'puting. I have a cat, Beyonce, which I love and hubby hates, so we kinda go round and round on that one!

Hubby is a carpenter. We built our home ourselves 9 years ago in our off hours. That was a lot of work!

I think it'd be cool if everyone would add their picture. It's nice to be able to "picture" people when you talk to them. Here's ours a little over a year ago:

Welcome all newbies!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Hola, I'm Irene, I'm sixteen and live in the east (San Francisco) bay. I've loved the Eagles for about three years now. I love almost all music (other favorite artists include Juanes, the Rolling Stones, Jackson Browne, and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy), as well as photography, sports (I run track and play soccer), writing, and above all, languages.
    I have two Golden Retrievers, Wendy and Bevy, and twin sisters who are fourteen.
    Here is the most recent picture of my sisters and me, it was taken for our holiday card, hence the cheesy posing. I'm in the pink.

And I think it is absolutely fantastic that music can bring people from ALL OVER THE PLACE together like this, and that it's really interesting to read about everyone else, because I think the most fun part of a fan community is learning about the fans themselves.

WOW,shows you the impact of Eagles music
    FANTASTIC
    Take It Easy
    Billy

Stuck on the Border

Thanks for the photos everyone... but I don't have my photo taken often so I won't be posting one for a while.