Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SOOO ready for the change

Default SOOO ready for the change

short rant - As some of you know, my family and I are moving to Colorado in a few weeks...I am SOOO ready...things here are just starting to frustrate me more and more...I won't go into to it all, but here's the gist...

Have you ever worked with someone who just wouldn't let things go and let people do what they are hired to do...like, a control freak? I mean this is so frustrating! This person I work for controlls everything! Then complains that she doesn't have time for anything and is so busy and blah, blah, blah...but IF she would let ME do MY job, I could make it so much easier for her... humpf!!!

Anyway - knowing that I have basically 8 weeks left gives the strength and fortitude to hold on...but I can tell you, when I leave, I will not be looking back - only forward...

Now, to settle my mood, I am spending the evening with the Eagles...F1 (both disks). I'm getting into my jamies early, grabbing some and a (and maybe my hubby) and I'm going just let everything else fade away...I'll go to sleep thinking of how very soon, I really will be the new kid in town!

rant over...thank you for listening!

~Tonja~

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: SOOO ready for the change

Best way in the world to relax and let your troubles slip away AoGG. Hope you have a great evening!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

At least you have something to look forward to!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

so true soda...so true!

~Tonja~

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by anne-o-gg View Post
    Have you ever worked with someone who just wouldn't let things go and let people do what they are hired to do...like, a control freak? I mean this is so frustrating! This person I work for controlls everything! Then complains that she doesn't have time for anything and is so busy and blah, blah, blah...but IF she would let ME do MY job, I could make it so much easier for her... humpf!!!
    In my last job before they made me 'redundant'. Although I had been doing the same work for five years, I moved to a new location and my supervisors were totally unsympathetic and looked over my shoulder every minute. They were not exactly control freaks but they never understood that I could do the job alone without supervision.

I try not to talk about my work history on this board but what you said struck a chord with me so I thought I'd respond. I hope your move to Colorado goes well.... think of a certain song that was written about such a move, called River Of Dreams.

The excitement and anticipation of moving is probably making it seem like forever (the last mile is the longest, and all that) but very soon you won't have to deal with your boss ever again! Just hang in there. Let it roll off your back and watch the guys when you need a bit of a lift. What an adventure you've got to look forward to!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    In my last job before they made me 'redundant'. Although I had been doing the same work for five years, I moved to a new location and my supervisors were totally unsympathetic and looked over my shoulder every minute. They were not exactly control freaks but they never understood that I could do the job alone without supervision.

I try not to talk about my work history on this board but what you said struck a chord with me so I thought I'd respond. I hope your move to Colorado goes well.... think of a certain song that was written about such a move, called River Of Dreams.
    Are you talking about the song by Billy Joel? Good tune..

Thank you for your kind wishes...

~Tonja~

Actually, although that is a great song too, FP is referring to Glenns solo song where he wakes up one morning and moves himself and his wife from the city westward to a country farm. The video ends with him pushing his wife on a swing over the "river of dreams"...*sigh*... Although I don't get the impression they are moving to Colorado, it is still a fitting analogy for you in times of stress, I'm sure!

(When I first read your thread title, I have to admit that the top 2 thoughts that popped into my head were: 1. menopause--which I thought was very strange, and would leave Borderers like MikeA and Rick out in the cold, so to speak; and 2. something more about Barack Obama--which only served to remind me that I still have to finish up the last bit of my report on my Inauguration trip--if only for my own posterity's sake, at this point! )
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesvet View Post
    (When I first read your thread title, I have to admit that the top 2 thoughts that popped into my head were: 1. menopause--which I thought was very strange,
    Oh, hahahaha! aahhhhhh..thanks for the laugh!

I don't know about Glenn's song...I'm gonna try and find it...thank you...I was reading the words to the Billy Joel one and I couldn't see the connection ...lol...which is why I asked...this makes more sense...

~Tonja~

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    The excitement and anticipation of moving is probably making it seem like forever (the last mile is the longest, and all that) but very soon you won't have to deal with your boss ever again! Just hang in there. Let it roll off your back and watch the guys when you need a bit of a lift. What an adventure you've got to look forward to!
    Somehow, I did not see this yesterday - thank you for taking time to reply and encouraging me, all of you (you don't even know me!) How kind you all are!

You are totally correct Troub! This last mile has been the longest AND the hardest - but this too shall pass...i'm much more optimistic today!

~Tonja~