Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SOOO ready for the change

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: SOOO ready for the change

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesvet View Post
    Actually, although that is a great song too, FP is referring to Glenns solo song where he wakes up one morning and moves himself and his wife from the city westward to a country farm. The video ends with him pushing his wife on a swing over the "river of dreams"...*sigh*... Although I don't get the impression they are moving to Colorado, it is still a fitting analogy for you in times of stress, I'm sure!

(When I first read your thread title, I have to admit that the top 2 thoughts that popped into my head were: 1. menopause--which I thought was very strange, and would leave Borderers like MikeA and Rick out in the cold, so to speak; and 2. something more about Barack Obama--which only served to remind me that I still have to finish up the last bit of my report on my Inauguration trip--if only for my own posterity's sake, at this point! )
    River Of Dreams (Glenn) is entirely about their move to Colorado, which is why I mentioned it. It is a much better song than Billy Joel's effort, which I have ironically seen live several times, while I will never see Glenn sing River Of Dreams.

The Freys no longer live in Colorado full time but they still have their house at Snowmass.

Default Re: SOOO ready for the change

OK that is a great song! I love it...never heard it before...and it SO describes my mood. Too bad I can't have a theme song for this thread...that would totally be it.

Yeah, the Billy Joel one had me stumped...lol...this one makes much more sense...I really like it!

~Tonja~