Thread: walk of fame

Default walk of fame

I've been thinking about this all week and it's still bugging me...I can't believe the boys do not have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame...they are the most iconic band in American history... what the heck is wrong here?...I really do believe they deserve to be honored in this way...Now from what I've read the person/persons have to agree to it...is it possible that they have been considered and refused? I don't know...If they agreed to the honorary doctorate thing and to shaking 900 kids hands, I don't see why they would object to having a star...just saying...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: walk of fame

Zelda - I know this has been discussed on the board before, but I can't find the thread. I know there are certain requirements that inductees have to agree to, including they all have to agree to attend the unveiling ceremony in person. I totally agree with you though - hard o believe that they've never been offered a star. You never know what might have happened - they may not have agreed to the terms, they may have pi$$ed off some folks over it, or they may have just flat out declined.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Or, one or more members may not have been comfortable with all 7 of them being at the unveiling?? Or are the stars awarded individually?
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesKiwi View Post
    Or, one or more members may not have been comfortable with all 7 of them being at the unveiling?? Or are the stars awarded individually?
    It would just be one star for the entire band...weren't all the members together when they were inducted into the rock hall of fame?

Stuck on the Border

You have to pay for it. Maybe they can't be bothered. When I was there recently there is only a very small number of bands with a star (including my husband's heroes Rush).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywo...nation_process

Out on the Border

I was just there this past weekend, and was disappointed to find out they didn't have a star. There are quite a few musicians with stars.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

From what I know about it's such a weird process especially for bands since they all have to come to an agreement and pay for it. I know there's been a few musicians (solo artists and bands) and actors that refused it for years and then finally came to an agreement and got one.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    You have to pay for it. Maybe they can't be bothered. When I was there recently there is only a very small number of bands with a star (including my husband's heroes Rush).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywo...nation_process
    WOW, I did not know that if you want a Star on the Walk of Fame you had to pay for it, interesting. Now I understand why some folks I think unworthy have one. Because money speaks louder than talent!

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Border Desperado

I think usually someone decides to get one for you..like family. I remember there was a stink when Journey got one cause they didn't invite Steve Perry, but he found out about it and showed up anyway.