Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Eagles: Flying High

Default The Eagles: Flying High

I went in a bookshop yesterday to find a guide to Oman, drifted past the rock music section just on the off chance, and found this book by Laura Jackson, from 2005. I bought it just for the photos, although they are all standard Henry Diltz ones. I've started to read it. This author seems pretty complimentary about Glenn and how it was his energy and inspiration that got the band going. Has anyone else read it?

~~~

This way to happiness...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: The Eagles: Flying High

Nope glennfan - haven't ever heard of it, but I guess I have to add this one to my list of things to get. Thanks for the tip!

~~~~~~

I'm just a hired hand working on the dreams I plan to try. The days go by...

I haven't heard of it either - sounds pretty recent! I'll look for it at the bookstore.

~

I'll be very happy to share it around when I've finished. As with all books I peeked at the end and it goes right up to October 2005 and the performance at the Glendale arena.

~~~

This way to happiness...

Good deal, Kate, because after doing some online searching it seems it is not being sold in America! I can only find it on the UK version of Amazon. Weird!

~

Well, I'll be reading it in short bursts when I get a little privacy. When I've finished I will circulate it and we can comment on it then.

It's funny, I've been buying a bit from Amazon, and they have recommended 'To The Limit', but not mentioned this one.

I have to add that my hands were almost shaking when I handed it to the cashier, that's the effect those guys (and one in particular) have on me.

~~~

This way to happiness...

Have any of you read "Desperados: The Roots of Country Rock" by John Einarson? It is a very comprehensive book about country rock through the years, including Poco and Don's earlier band, Shiloh, and it has some good background info about the Eagles.

No, I haven't. Sounds like something I might want to check out!

~

My nephew tried to get me a copy of the Desperados book at Christmas, but couldn't find it. I'm still on the hunt!

Kate, please add me to the lending library list. I'd love to read Flying High. Thanks!

Sure, when I've finished I'll send it to Nancy for reading and passing on!

~~~

This way to happiness...