Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Don Henley Appearing on Brad Paisley Album

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Default Don Henley Appearing on Brad Paisley Album

In the May 30th issue of Country Weekly, Brad Paisley enlisted the Eagle's Don Henley to sing on "Love Her Like She's Leaving". "Having him sing harmony and getting to pretend that I'm one of the Eagles for a night was a thrill for me", Brad says of recording with Don in Nashville.
    Brad Paisley also listed Hotel California as one of his top 10 albums.
    Eagles, Hotel California. "I know, I know. It's found in the rock section. Tell that to the country band the covering it in some bar tonight" He writes.

Default Re: Don in the press

Quote Originally Posted by AzEaglesFan View Post
    In the May 30th issue of Country Weekly, Brad Paisley enlisted the Eagle's Don Henley to sing on "Love Her Like She's Leaving". "Having him sing harmony and getting to pretend that I'm one of the Eagles for a night was a thrill for me", Brad says of recording with Don in Nashville.
    Brad Paisley also listed Hotel California as one of his top 10 albums.
    Eagles, Hotel California. "I know, I know. It's found in the rock section. Tell that to the country band the covering it in some bar tonight" He writes.
    Brad is the only country guy that I DO like and admire. I really like his guitar style and playing and tone. I have all of his albums and can't wait to pick up his new one on Monday. And the fact that he likes the Hotel California album and is on his top 10 list makes me appreciate him even that much more! Brad is cool.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Cool! Thanks for posting that!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

This is late, but hope Don and Sharon had a wonderful wedding anniversary! Congratulations to them on 16 years of marriage. I wish them many more years of wedded bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Brad is the only country guy that I DO like and admire.
    I'm not that familiar with Brad's music, but I have seen some of his music videos and I saw him perform live at the CMAs. I was impressed. But, for me, the only country star that I really love these days is Keith Urban. He is !!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Desperado

I was in Wal-Mart two days ago. They have a big promotion poster about Brad's new cd. It says to go to walmart.com/soundcheck to get info and samples of his new music; available Tuesday. Might be worth looking in to. They have other artists available here and not all are country.

I'll be picking up Brad's album tomorrow (Monday) and will be sure to give a report on the track with Don on it!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I like Brad's music, too. He has several very funny videos, one being this one:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE6iAjEv9dQ[/ame]
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

LOL! I love that video!

OK, I just checked out the album on iTunes and "Love Her Like She's Leaving" is not listed as a track! What's up with that??

ETA: I just realized that "Love Her Like She's Leaving" and the duet with Carrie Underwood called "Remind Me" are not available as single track purchases. All the other tracks are - just not those two. You have to buy the album to get those. That is SO BOGUS. I don't want the whole album; I want the song with Don Henley. I was going to buy it legitimately, and now I can't unless of course I'm willing to pay $10 for one song. Geez, and they wonder why people illegally download. I'm not saying this makes it OK to illegally download, but I'm saying these kind of tricks are what make people want to do it. They know those are the tracks people will want most, so those are the ones they withhold in an attempt to force you to pay more. When will the record companies figure out that this kind of thing garners more resentment than revenue? /rant

Just read Brad Paisley's Twitter and he is confused about why they are listed as "album-only." He thinks it must be a "glitch." Apparently he didn't get the memo. I've seen this done before - "album-only tracks" - and it's always the most popular tracks that are unavailable for single downloads. I'd be extremely surprised if it's a "glitch." More likely his record company just didn't keep him in the loop about their marketing strategies.

I went to Target today and bought Brad's album. I put the Henley track on first off and all I can say is it is GREAT! Don and Brad sound VERY good together.... Highly recommend album in general though, I'd say it's Brad's best to date!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger