Page 109 of 109 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109
Results 1,081 to 1,086 of 1086

Thread: Led Zeppelin

Default Re: Led Zeppelin

"Achilles Last Stand" is my favorite. I also love "Ten Years Gone"

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    OT: Sir Rod Stewart is knighted but Jimmy Page gets a piddling OBE?! Where is justice I ask you.
    This wasn't at the same time. Page has had the OBE for years. It's likely he could still be knighted but I think it's more likely that Plant (CBE) will be.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

I don't know why, but I had a Led Zeppelin dream last night. A crazy dream! I thought I'd share it just because it was funny. And yes, it is bonkers!

In my dream, Led Zeppelin were doing another one-off concert like they did almost a decade ago - Celebration Day II, if you will - and I was going with my parents! Somehow we managed to persuade my Mum (who doesn't like them much) to go along too, I think we told her it would be the concert of the century and that she'd regret missing it. The venue was... surprising, as it was at the Liverpool Royal Philharmonic Hall. It's a nice place, but a weird setting for a band like Led Zeppelin. Jimmy Page, Robert Page and Jason Bonham were on stage and then John Paul Jones came on. The announcer said 'introducing...' and I excitedly shouted out 'Jonesy!' but the audience seemed bemused and even when he shouted his name, no one else seemed to actually know who he was! I was very disappointed that so few people recognised him. The show was about to start when Robert went to sit on his chair (?). Fully expecting the show to start with Good Times, Bad Times, he instead started singing Immigrant Song (my mum's favourite. NOT!) along to a backing track (what exactly were the other band members doing here then?). Seemingly everyone in my row was filming Plant on their phones as he sung the classic hard rock anthem from his little chair. However, people then started to leave the venue and soon it was virtually empty! The concert experience was underwhelming, to say the least (concert of the century? I think not!), but I can't remember anything after that.

There were so many bizarre things in this dream! It's hard to tell where it came from but I was listening to Presence a couple of days ago, where Plant famously recorded his vocals from a wheelchair, so perhaps that explains the bit with the chair. Maybe.

Out on the Border

I dream of Led Zeppelin day and night.
    The photo I've searched long and hard for came to me through you!
    Love ya,
    Arianne.

Out on the Border

How to upload a pic?

Quote Originally Posted by Arianne View Post
    I dream of Led Zeppelin day and night.
    The photo I've searched long and hard for came to me through you!
    Love ya,
    Arianne.
    Welcome! This is a primarily (well, is) a Eagles board but we do have this off topic section for other music we love.

Glad you found the photo you were in search of! Drives me crazy when I can't find it and yet I've just seen it.