Page 94 of 109 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast

Thread: Led Zeppelin

Default Re: Led Zeppelin

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    This got my attention. There are those out there that hate him and that became blatantly obvious to me several months ago when a friend on FB unfriended my because of the pictures and videos I post of Jimmy. She was a fellow Cars music fan and quite into the same music as me but swears she has reason to hate Jimmy. I won't go into the details, which she sent me a long FB message about things he did to a friend and her, etc.... I tried to explain to her, nicely, that I don't really know her no more than I know Jimmy himself. In fact, he's been a part of my life in a way since youth and I won't not be a fan of his because of something a virtual stranger tells me he did. Know what I mean. Sad but oh well. Her loss, in my opinion.
    Definitely her loss.

Maybe I haven't researched him enough (but trust me I've researched him quite a bit) but I've really never heard any truly bad stories about Jimmy. In the videos I've seen he comes across nice. He might be a bit eccentric sometimes but I think most guitar players are (myself included lol).

To me no one had better stage presence (for a guitarist) than Jimmy. He truly became a larger than life character and didn't need platform boots, makeup, etc to do so. He had a swagger like none other. I just watched Celebration Day last night and he's still that way.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post

My favorite picture of Pagey by himself. Awesome rock n' roll photo. Love that Les Paul too.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Gene Simmons posted this on Twitter. Met him in NYC.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

my younger sister is taking her hubby to see them for their first ever concert. They both just turned 40. They will enjoy it and while it is not The Eagles, it will be a good first concert for them.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sad-cafe View Post
    my younger sister is taking her hubby to see them for their first ever concert. They both just turned 40. They will enjoy it and while it is not The Eagles, it will be a good first concert for them.

First ever concert? How'd they get through life this long without going to a concert? I can't even imagine.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Definitely her loss.

Maybe I haven't researched him enough (but trust me I've researched him quite a bit) but I've really never heard any truly bad stories about Jimmy. In the videos I've seen he comes across nice. He might be a bit eccentric sometimes but I think most guitar players are (myself included lol).

To me no one had better stage presence (for a guitarist) than Jimmy. He truly became a larger than life character and didn't need platform boots, makeup, etc to do so. He had a swagger like none other. I just watched Celebration Day last night and he's still that way.

I've read bunches and bunches about him also. Yes, I know all about the occult stuff but according to him, a lot of it's been blown out of proportion.

What she told me is pretty scandalous and has nothing to do with the occult thing. But like I said, how do I know if it's true or a figment of someone's imagination? I don't actually know anyone that was involved. I truly believe when she sent me that FB message she figured I'd say how awful that was and there was no way I could be his fan any longer and when that didn't happen, she unfriended me. I sent her a message asking why and she told me it sickened her to see my videos and pics of him on FB after what he had done and after she told me. The fact is, when I received her first FB message, I actually quit posting so much because I didn't want to offend her. Needless to say, I'm back to posting as much as I want again. It is MY FB page, after all.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

the one thing about Jimmy I know is that he loves scarves

Out on the Border

Love jimmy he is my favorite guitarist and always will be his presence on stage is unmatched he set the standards and to me his talent will never be
    replaced by anyone

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Definitely her loss.

Does he ever have the swagger! He is a wizard. A true Magic Man. He knows how to use that Gibson to take us to uncharted territory. I think he must have spent a night at the crossroads once upon a sultry summer night.

That's pretty tough, Willie. I feel bad that she unfriended you over it, but the fact is that you can't possibly know what happened. One person's account of an event (true or not) is not going to completely change your mind about a musician you've loved for years. None of the guys we love are angels, but it's unfair to expect you to stop posting music or pictures of Jimmy because she has a personal problem with him. I'm glad that you don't seem to be too upset by it. It's obviously her issue.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--