Page 10 of 109 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: Led Zeppelin

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Led Zeppelin

Brooke- you're funny-see my post #41. On my wish list for sure.

EL-Good for you! But like FP said-there are soooooo many obscure Zep tunes that you just don't hear. Please check some of them out as well. I assure you that you will really like a lot of those besides the hits. If you need any suggestions, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm overjoyed that you have become a fan. They will not disappoint I assure you!

FP- I play the entire discography on my ipod alot and go all the way thru it. Your reaction to Stairway sounds just like me. A lot of the time I actually skip over it. Good song, but I've heard it and heard it-thank you very much! In My Time Of Dying, Nobody's Fault But Mine, Ozone Baby & The Crunge have been getting special attention from me lately. I can assure you that will all change again soon. It's never the same songs for me. Depends on my mood I guess.

We've got EL-who's next?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    We've got EL-who's next?
    Well, I've been a Zep fan for as long as I've been a Walsh fan....longer than I've been an Eagles fan.

But, as good as "Stairway" is, I do get tired of it at times. I think my two favorites are "Black Dog" and "Battle of Evermore". However, I like the way "Heart" does "Evermore" better than the way Zep does it.

MikeA

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    However, I like the way "Heart" does "Evermore" better than the way Zep does it.
    Blasphemy my friend!!! Just kidding! I really like the way Heart does any Zep song. They probably do more justice to Zep than anyone else who has ever covered them. I still like Zep's versions better tho. JMO

I know what you mean-I've been a fan of Zep as long as the Eagles I'm pretty sure. My love for them NEVER waivered!!

Oh-BTW Mike-- I was including you in the "we've"! I knew you were a fellow Zep fan.

We've got EL-who's next?
    For me to like a band I have to like the vocals. I just do not like Plant's vocals. The exception? (and I always seem to find one) is In The Mood.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

For me personally, Led Zeppelin was a "crossover" experience. Prior to them, with very few exceptions, I really preferred traditional Blues. Zep took Blues/Rock to another level. Joe was pretty much Rock all the way and I really got off on his talent.

Cathy, I sort of agree with you on Plant. He has (or at least had) a voice as unique as that of Rod Stewart but it was really not what drew me to the Zep. It was their entire approach to Blues that capture my attention.

MikeA

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I just heard on the radio that today in history was the first performance by LZ, however, they were still going under the name of The New Yardbirds.

Not really what you guys were talking about... but I thought of you all!

Cool tidbit ltlh!!

See, I've got ya all thinking about me whenever Stairway To Heaven comes on the radio now don't I? Sorry about that.

Stuck on the Border

Brooke- you're funny-see my post #41. On my wish list for sure.

EL-Good for you! But like FP said-there are soooooo many obscure Zep tunes that you just don't hear. Please check some of them out as well. I assure you that you will really like a lot of those besides the hits. If you need any suggestions, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm overjoyed that you have become a fan. They will not disappoint I assure you!

FP- I play the entire discography on my ipod alot and go all the way thru it. Your reaction to Stairway sounds just like me. A lot of the time I actually skip over it. Good song, but I've heard it and heard it-thank you very much! In My Time Of Dying, Nobody's Fault But Mine, Ozone Baby & The Crunge have been getting special attention from me lately. I can assure you that will all change again soon. It's never the same songs for me. Depends on my mood I guess.

We've got EL-who's next?

I think I gave the wrong impression! All I thought was 'surely I can't listen to this straight after In My Time Of Dying'. However, as soon as it started I was even more awestruck by it than I usually am. In fact it made me cry which it doesn't do often.

I heard Nobody's Fault But Mine later. Plant could rock that harmonica. As for The Crunge, to me they're paying tribute to James Brown. I don't think the song is nearly as bad as some critics seem to think.

Sorry, I misunderstood FP. I really do feel it's been played to death tho.

I never thought about the Crunge that way. Makes sense and makes me wonder if that is the case.

Stuck on the Border

Rollingstone.com has some photos from the new book:

Nice!!!