Page 102 of 109 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1086

Thread: Led Zeppelin

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Led Zeppelin

Unbelievable! Why is he so adamant against it? I don't know the story.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Robert really needs to get over his issues. Does he have any affection at all towards his band mates because it doesn't sound like it when he's denying them the chance to make their grandchildrens' grandchildren wealthy.
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Just read this:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/...act/ar-AA7t15d

Sounds like he never did agree to it. I know I'm 'dazed and confused'!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Interesting! It certainly had people fired up this morning, myself included. A lot of my musician friends were talking about how full of himself RP is.

Still, it really sucks to see 3 out of 4 (including Jason Bonham) going "YES" and the 1 with his hand up saying no....That's what happened with Dennis DeYoung of Styx, Steve Perry of Journey, etc. People don't want to stop touring just because the frontman suffers from LSD (Lead Singer's Disease) and is procrastinating. I can't blame them, hence why I'm fine with both bands moving on with new people even though they were great singers.

Stuck on the Border

There is no Led Zeppelin without Robert Plant.

Unfortunately people may have to accept that it will never happen. He has his reasons & they should be respected.

I have to say his most recent album is pretty disappointing, a collection of new age sounding trance tunes. But if that's what he wants to do he has the right to do it. There is a great deal of courage in not succumbing to the dreams of people who will do nothing except say 'he can't sing any more' anyway.

As for making their descendants wealthy I would have thought that was already taken care of.

(Incidentally Monty Python also turned down a huge offer to tour after the huge success of the reunion shows, but in that case they had done the London shows & they wanted to stop, & presumably they all turned it down).

I feel the same way about Jimmy Page... I love all the members of this band but to me Page is the heart & soul of the band - the engine of the train that is Zeppelin. Even Keith Richards said to him Led Zeppelin is Jimmy Page...

I'm not saying they (Page, JPJ, Bonham) should call themselves Led Zeppelin, but they should tour as something like "The Led Zeppelin Experience" or something. I'm just saying they should get together and tour and play that music with a new singer.

I can understand why Robert doesn't want to do it. Jimmy and Robert are both the heart and soul of Zeppelin IMO.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I feel the same way about Jimmy Page... I love all the members of this band but to me Page is the heart & soul of the band - the engine of the train that is Zeppelin. Even Keith Richards said to him Led Zeppelin is Jimmy Page...

I'm not saying they (Page, JPJ, Bonham) should call themselves Led Zeppelin, but they should tour as something like "The Led Zeppelin Experience" or something. I'm just saying they should get together and tour and play that music with a new singer.
    I'm sorry, but no, they shouldn't. Calling it the LZ Experience would only emphasise how wrong it would be.

I know all the 'Page IS Zeppelin' stuff. But he didn't write the lyrics & he didn't sing them. Only one man sang them or is capable of singing them. Anything else would be an utter travesty.

Doesn't matter if he didn't sing them, Page is the heart of Zeppelin, along with Plant.

I agree with Fp and this whole argument/speculation thing about a reunion just annoys me, IMO both Page and Plant are quite full of it, petty, childish and ignorant in refusing to understand each other

for the record they're both big idols for me but right now I'm not too happy with either of them