Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Celebration of "The Allnighter"

Default Re: Celebration of "The Allnighter"

Happy 35th Birthday to Glenn's second solo album, The Allnighter. I do like this album. A lot of songs from this album is played on Pandora.

I just noticed something. Glenn must had loved the month of June because he released two albums and a DVD.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Happy 35th Birthday to Glenn's second solo album, The Allnighter. I do like this album. A lot of songs from this album is played on Pandora.

I just noticed something. Glenn must had loved the month of June because he released two albums and a DVD.
    My favorite Glenn Frey album! But... 35 years? Oy.

Dang! 35!

It's not my fave of his albums, but it does have one of my favorite songs: Smuggler's Blues. And looks-wise... OH MY GOSH.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ALLNIGHTER!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO THE ALLNIGHTER!!!

This is among my least favorite of Glenn's solo albums too. I has a few excellent songs, but, overall is a pretty uneven album, IMHO. I agree with Soda though about the visuals. The photos from the album photo shoot and the videos are incredible ... no uneven moments in that regard.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Happy Belated 36th Birthday to the Allnighter on June 19th.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Wow busy couple of weeks for releases and what not. Many a good song on here hard to pick, but I wish "heat is on" was included and "living in darkness" left off. But one thing I have to say....call me crazy...one of my faves is "Somebody Else" and I have envisioned it a whole new way, like as if Eagles recorded it during Long Run period....it just sounds like something from that era to me! Ok enough babble, so my version has the sax removed in favor for some sick slide courtesy of Joe, and of course some sweet guitar interplay between Felder and Walsh, the sweet harmonizing that Timothy and Henley bring and Glenn singing in a lower, rugged way instead of so high. But I love the song!

Has anyone else done this? Envision solo songs as if the band did them? Like a fantasy album as if they took a break after The Long Run, but got back at it in 80s?? Maybe a thought for a new thread...

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    Wow busy couple of weeks for releases and what not. Many a good song on here hard to pick, but I wish "heat is on" was included and "living in darkness" left off. But one thing I have to say....call me crazy...one of my faves is "Somebody Else" and I have envisioned it a whole new way, like as if Eagles recorded it during Long Run period....it just sounds like something from that era to me! Ok enough babble, so my version has the sax removed in favor for some sick slide courtesy of Joe, and of course some sweet guitar interplay between Felder and Walsh, the sweet harmonizing that Timothy and Henley bring and Glenn singing in a lower, rugged way instead of so high. But I love the song!

Has anyone else done this? Envision solo songs as if the band did them? Like a fantasy album as if they took a break after The Long Run, but got back at it in 80s?? Maybe a thought for a new thread...
    This is my favorite Glenn Frey solo album. I occasionally flirt with the idea of No Fun Aloud being my favorite, but, no... this is it. KW, I love Somebody Else, too! I would swap out Let's Go Home for about anything else, though. Sorry, not sorry... I call that the "stalker song." Living in Darkness is okay, but I always think of the Teaberry shuffle when I hear it. (Don't worry if you don't understand. It's an old folks joke.) My favorite, though, is Lover's Moon. I put that on repeat a few times when I'm listening to this album.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO THE ALLNIGHTER!!!

I had to laugh at your comments, KW and CA because this is one of my least favorite of Glenn's solo albums. There is some really good stuff on the album, but one of my complaints is his overuse of the falsetto. I think both Somebody Else and Let's Go Home would both be far superior if Glenn had sang them in his natural tenor voice. I love the music in Somebody Else, but never really envisioned it as a Eagles song. You never know though - they could probably pull anything off. I always thought Let's Go Home could have been gorgeous and uber sexy if Glenn had sang it in a real man voice instead of like a whiny pre-teen. To me, Sexy Girl and Better in the U.S.A. are just average. And New Love and Living in Darkness are not favorites of mine - I consider them among some of Glenn's weakest songs.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

!!! I always thought Let's Go Home could have been gorgeous and uber sexy if Glenn had sang it in a real man voice instead of like a whiny pre-teen. To me, Sexy Girl and Better in the U.S.A. are just average..[/QUOTE]

Your comments about my comments made me laugh ya I didn’t dig the falsetto but still a great album. My daughter cringes when “sexy girl” comes on somehow Spotify always sneaks that one on when she’s around.