Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just for fun - you be the interviewer

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Just for fun - you be the interviewer

Good topic ltlh and good questions for the guys. I am also going to have to give these some thought.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbsfan View Post
    You can scratch that one He's not vegan or vegetarian, although he does eschew dairy.

It's almost as if he was reading these forums and had to set everyone straight that he is not a vegan. Hmmm... I wonder why we all thought that. I wonder if he ever was and we read that somewhere.

Well, at least that frees up the space for one more question. ha...

I'm surprised this thread didn't take off. With all the talking we do about the band, I thought for sure everyone would be filled w/questions. Granted five each is a lot, after I wrote it all out... but even if you asked five to just one or two of them... I'd really love to see what others would ask.

Border Desperado

I think the thread will take off. I just think we will all be pondering it a few days. I know I will. It is a really good topic, LTL.

Wasn't it mentioned in Felder's Heaven and Hell book that Timothy was a vegetarian...? Or am I pulling that information from somewhere else?

I think it's just that people are taking some time to think of what they want to ask. It took me a bit too and I still had to really think about it. And to be honest I think I'd ask all of them the same question a couple of times because I want to hear each of their answers on it.

I would ask all of them these questions:
    1. What is your favorite solo song by each of your fellow Eagles and why?
    2. Are there any current artists that you really enjoy and why?

Glenn:
    3. When did Deacon first start showing an interest in performing music and how did that make you feel? Excited and proud that he would follow your footsteps? Or nervous that he would go down some of the same paths as you?

4. What song do you wish you had written and why?

5. How does it make you feel when you hear people talk about how much your music has meant to them?

Don:
    3. What is something that a fan has said or done that has meant the most to you and why?

4. If you could record a song with any current or fairly current artist who would it be? Would it be one of their songs that you like or an original that you would write?

5. Who would you like to hear record one of your songs and which song would you like them to sing?

Joe:
    3. When you and your bandmates are together off stage and all in good moods, do you have as much fun as you seem to together on stage?

4. Do you feel like you HAVE to be the comedic relief within the band or is that just something that comes naturally?

5. What is your most memorable encounter with a fan? Both scary and meaningful.

Timothy:
    3. Are you as calm as you seem to be all the time? Or do you just use a lot of self control when you get angry or upset?

4. Who has inspired you as an artist and why?

5. Which of your bandmates do you have the most in common with and get along with the best?

That's the best I can come up with Guess I'm not to be an interviewer lol

*edited to say that I'd probably ask each of them what exactly they have against American Idol and if they're a fan of ANYONE that has come off of the show. lol I'd probably ask them if it just annoys them that most of these people don't have to struggle for years before making it big*

Okay - since I don't have a huge amount of time right now, I decided to post my answer separately for each of the guys because I want to think about them. I have given some thought and I think these are the questions that I would ask Glenn (although I reserve the right to change my mind)!

1. What are your top 5 favorite song lyrics that you wrote and why?
    2. After putting out such an excellent album in Strange Weather, it must have been very disappointing that it wasn't more of a commercial success. How do you feel about this and is this the reason that you do not perform any of the songs from this album in your live solo shows? If not, what is the reason?
    3. You have mentioned that one of your goals is to write and produce a movie sound track. Have you seriously pursued this?
    4. Do you have a master plan for your life or do you just mostly take things a day at a time?
    5. Will you ever write an autobiography?

I would also ask Don why he doesn't smile when having his picture taken with fans?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

This does require lots of thought! I'm just going to post mine as I think of them.

Glenn:

1. Why don't you tour solo more often and more places?
    2. Why do you and Don have such an aversion to the internet-specifically YouTube?
    3. Why don't you have your own website and fan forum like so many others do?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

My question:

Seriously, Don, how do you explain your chapters in the "You'll Never Make Love in this Town Again" book to your wife? Your kids?
    (I mean eventually it had/has to come up with the family. Right?)

Joe: Why don't you just date/live with the women in your life instead of marrying them? (What's he on now - fourth or fifth marriage?)

I'm still working on the Glenn and Tim questions...

Maid

Okay - I think I have the questions ready that I would ask Don. As with Glenn, I reserve the right to change my mind!

1. What were the specific conflicts that tore apart your friendship with Glenn Frey in the 70's? How has your personal and professional relationship with him changed since the 1994 resumption? (Wish I had asked Glenn the same question, but I didn't think about it until now.)
    2. What are your future goals both personally and professionally?
    3. Do you think that Don Felder gave a fair and accurate account of his experiences in the band in his book Heaven or Hell: My Life in the Eagles?
    4. Do you have a master plan for your life or do you just mostly take things a day at a time?
    5. Will you ever write an autobiography?

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I have really been thinking about this and I've got nothing! Why is it I can't think of anything really important to ask but yet, every time I read you guys' questions I think "wow, that's a great question!"?
    He sings it high, he plays it low