Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Salt Lake City 5-9-2009

Default Re: Salt Lake City 5-9-2009

DF, your hatred for the plaid is legendary! I am unsurprised you prefer a suit to it. lol

I noticed the guy who reviewed the show is the same guy who did the Q&A with Don... you know, the one where Don was a bit rude to him... could have colored his perceptions a tad.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Like DF, I am very fond of the suits and I don't believe they will be ditched. I have yet to see them myself and I want to see them. I did like Glenn's jacket though.

I sympathise with DF about the comments on Tim and Don's lack of personality and charisma. But while I was pleased with what was written about Glenn, once more it was about his role as MC, not his role as singer or musician (although the word 'frontman' was used).

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I noticed the guy who reviewed the show is the same guy who did the Q&A with Don... you know, the one where Don was a bit rude to him... could have colored his perceptions a tad.
    Good eye Soda!! I guess I will overlook his lackluster review then.

As far as the jeans--well I think you all know which direction I go and I'm one of those who also LOVES the plaid Don! They looked pretty Yummy in those pics to my eye!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

No wonder the reviewer was so critical. Oh well, Don showed plenty of "personality" during that Q&A, didn't he?

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

I hope I have this posted to the correct concert http://musicalpirate.blogspot.com/

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I loved that!! A true blue fan who knew who wrote the songs and all. All you Glenn lovers will be glad that he agrees with us-that he should get a chance to showcase some of his solo stuff also.

It sounds like Tim was back to 1 song again and this blogger thinks he had trouble hitting the high notes-again! What the heck is going on there? I hope he's not having trouble again with these European dates coming up so fast.

He claims they were in good spirits-unlike that reviewer we read earlier.

Oh--and great to hear BBF is back!!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I saw that about Tim only having 1 song! At first I was concerned, but then I remembered it was an abbreviated set like at the Hard Rock Park. As you said, at least BBF is back!

Maybe the cold weather affected Tim's voice. Hopefully all is well.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

From the Salt Lake Tribune:

The Eagles Take It Easy at Rio Tinto
    By David Burger
    with Frey bantering with the crowd with some of the funniest lines from a frontman in recent memory;
    Obviously he hasn't been to any Eagles concerts in the last, what, 7 or 8 years!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Gosh they all look really great in the jeans. Its lovely also to have at least one clear close up of each in their casual gear. Doesn't Glenn look so cuddly in that jacket ?
    I am going to one outdoor and one indoor gig when they hit Ireland. It will be interesting to see if the dress code changes for each of them. I must say that they did look good in the suits in London, but at this stage, having seen so many pictures essentially the same it would be nice if they went casual for at least part of the show when they return to Europe.
    I'm going to the 2 shows in Ireland. Haven't been to Ireland before, but am I right in thinking that Belfast is indoor & Dublin is outdoor? or have I got that the wrong way around?
    I was going to the Galway show that's now cancelled, so I'm going to Glasgow instead.........and then to Birmingham. Can't wait.

Talking Re: Salt Lake City 5-9-2009

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan View Post
    I am clearly in the minority, but I prefer Don in his handsome dark suit instead of his (as AzEaglesFan stated) UPS --Ugly Plaid Shirt. Jeans are great on ALL the guys, especially for outdoor concerts--I just like solid shirts. I do think Glenn and Joe looked really great in those pictures.

Now, about that review:

I am just thrilled that the reviewer thought Timothy & Don had little personality or charisma . Glenn IS a great frontman, but he would be even better if he would come up with some NEW lines, especially since the "plaintiff" line this reviewer quoted has been used for years.

Amen to that. Or the infamous, "we call this one the credit card song." Uggh! And, Don could lay off Nancy Grace while he's at it. She is so over-with and wasn't half as bad as Babah Walters or Kathy Lee, I didn't know my K-Mart line of clothing was being made in a Hondurus sweatshop, Gifford when it came to bubble-headed-banal-blappering-bitches. What happened to spontaneity guys?

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGalNow