Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Felder Tweets

Default Re: Felder Interviews and promotions

Not an interview, per se, but I see Don and his Caps-Lock key addressed why he believes he wasn't on the HOTE tour, on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/donfelder/status/362259114186903552

True or not, it strikes me as a bit of a snarky way to address the whole thing. Is a 140-character response really the place to address a question with like 30-worth of backstory and drama? I mean, if you're all still embroiled in legal issues, of course you're not going to be touring together. And I think it's more than just GF that would nix any reunion...

I love Don's interviews when he focus on his current plans and musical passion/talent--he has such great stories. But when he goes back to the ol' feud well, it just becomes tiresome. It's been over 10 years, you've put out new music and gone on good tours, and have truly moved on from the Eagles--don't get mired in the bad blood of it all. Rise above, sir.

I don't know why he even bothered answering this...or how this guy who asked the original question to him could have no idea why Felder wasn't on the tour. You can do a basic search and find out pretty easily why he isn't there. Then in his response, the guy seemingly confuses Felder with Bernie and the beer-over-the-head story... Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by AEW21 View Post
    I don't know why he even bothered answering this...or how this guy who asked the original question to him could have no idea why Felder wasn't on the tour. You can do a basic search and find out pretty easily why he isn't there. Then in his response, the guy seemingly confuses Felder with Bernie and the beer-over-the-head story... Ugh.
    I caught that too, that the guy who asked the question has the wrong story attached to Felder. I'm surprised Don didn't tackle that, too.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Well he is being honest, but I don't think caps lock was necessary. Seems a bit heated. It's a shame there is so much animosity from both sides.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

That is just sad. He doesn't like Glenn any more than Glenn likes him. As AEW said, I don't think Henley wanted him there either.

I went ahead and addressed the mix-up that Chris guy had about the beer incident.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Felder Tweets

Soda, I saw that and thought it was you! I like your Tweeter (as my mom calls it) photo!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Loved your response, Soda. While there is certainly animosity on both sides, it's too bad that one side insists on perpetuating it. I REALLY wish he would let it go - it doesn't flatter him, IMHO.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

IDK, from what I saw in the doc, I don't think GF especially or even DH are over it, but I'll admit they don't bring it up as much. I put most of the blame of this tweet on the other guy. He should have known. Probably a pot stirrer. That said, DF could have responded differently without the tone that he gave off. He needs to ignore the interviews and comments that get him stirred up in the first place. It seems like 9 times out of 10 someone brings it up and that's how it starts.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

If you can imagine being Don Felder for one day at this point in his life, literally every interview he sits for, every question from any media outlet, every non-guitar-question- asking fan, has to do with his rift with and departure from the Eagles. Especially now that they are on their "History of" tour, and Bernie is with them, and they are saying kind things on stage about Randy, I bet he is getting the "why aren't you on tour with the Eagles question" on a daily basis. I think his tweet is unfortunate, he needs to be bigger than that, but it seems to me that he just snapped. I've watched his recent interviews - he knows he's gonna get the question, and he tries to be diplomatic. I think he snapped here. It really looks bad on him.

Also, I don't think it is fair to accuse him of being the only one to perpetuate the animosity. The band's actions speak louder than words - not asking him to join on this tour is a huge statement that they cannot get over it, even for the good of the tour and for all of the fans who would love to see him. The band holds all of the power, and he is left to field the questions, day after day.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

If someone sued me, I would never 'get over it'! Just sayin'! Felder knows why he isn't on the tour.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten