Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Thackerville, OK 5-17-09

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Don in Thackerville, OK

First of all, welcome, Kelle. Great to have you here on The Border. I would have loved to have been at the shows, and I'll bet Michael was a hoot dancing to ASWTDID.

I would also love it if any of the guys to do some solo shows during the fall if the Eagles are going to take a break. However, I also still hold out hope that there will be a few Eagles shows scheduled then, even if they don't book a full month or two.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

thanks for the welcome! Who knows what they are going to decide on>? My checking account would love if they waited until next year, but my fix for another show just can't wait that long!!! LOL. people at work think i am absolutely crazy for going to see the same show over and over again. However they just don't realize what an adreilane (misp) rush it is to be with friends that you have met on the board or haven't seen in a long time, and in a place you have never been too. Not to mention an added bonus.... seeing the guys on stage. No concert is the same

Border Desperado

Welcome to the Border, Kelle! Glad to hear that you had a great time at the Thackerville show!

Welcome to The Border, Kelle--good to hear from you again!

Like you, I am also hoping Don schedules a solo show in Tunica this fall. That is drivable for me as well, and I would love to see him solo again. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Welcome from me too SF! I'm delighted to hear you had such a great time at the Don gig. Hopefully indeed you will make it to more if he does some solo gigs later this year!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Lou, I have a question for you and you don't need to answer if you don't want. I'm sure getting on that plane to come home was bitter sweet. I remember someone else here (can't remember who) telling about taking a flight to another country to see Glenn and on the way home on the plane having a moment where she broke down and cried because she was so happy to have gotten to do it but was sad because it was all over. This has really stuck with me since I read it, probably about a year ago, because I could so relate to that and I'm sure, had it been me, I would of probably done the same thing. Any emotional rollercoaster feelings for you?
    I've just been catching up with this thread, and before my lunchtime ends , I just wanted to say, TBF, that I'm flattered my story of my flight home from London just over a year ago has stuck with you, even though you didn't remember it was me! I still actually can't believe that I went through with that trip. It was all over much too soon.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Willie, the person you are referring to in your post reminds me of Mrs. Frey when she shared her adventures of flying to London from South Africa to see the Eagles opening LROOE concert last year. When I read her accounts of her trip, I got very emotional just as I did reading Lou's heartfelt post. Regarding the dreaded PEW or in this case, PDW, I can totally relate to how you are feeling. I've been there, and done that several times.
    Awww, Dreamer, thanks for remembering. I can completely relate to your row of smilies...

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    Well, Jess will tell you - right after the WinStar concert, it hit me. I was slumped on Jess's shoulder at the bar, completely gutted that it was all over. That I had seen my last glimpse of Don for the moment, and that I was flying back home to 'reality' the next day. I really didn't want to leave the US and these new friends that I'd only just really begun to know.

But, I pulled myself together, and I've done a lot of thinking and talking about the whole thing. It was all incredible and I'm so lucky to have had this chance. Plus, I am seeing Don again (with the guys) in July, so I don't have too long to wait. I think I'd have been even more down if I didn't have that to look forward to!

I definitely had a few moments at the airport and on the plane though, where I was close to tears. It's just such a come-down. It's only when you have time to process and look at the photos and realise what an amazing time you had that you put it into perspective. Talking to you guys helps A LOT.

I had a couple of emotional moments during the concerts too. When Don sang New York Minute at Downstream, I got all choked up and had to fight back tears. I've always loved that song but his voice sounded so strong and passionate. He sang the "you can get out of the rain" line a couple of times and really emphasized it. Hearing him sing that and "things can get pretty strange/everything can change" as I looked around at the vast blue sky and realised that I was on the other side of the world in a place I'd dreamed about most of my life... It just got to me. It's still getting to me now, as I write this! But it was a good emotion. I was ecstatic. It struck me that I was really there.
    This is a lovely post, Lou. I've really enjoyed browsing this thread and looking at your lovely photos. As you've already gathered, I can relate to your experiences. The hardest part for me was knowing that the Eagles were performing their second gig at the 02 while I was on the plane flying home. Only the Lord knows how much I wanted to be at that gig. It just so happens that LROOE was part of the plane's audio entertainment on offer, and suddenly, when I listened to "Waiting In The Weeds", the tears came. "No More Cloudy Days" just made it worse. I had to quickly recover, as I stared out the window, otherwise the air hostess ("chicken or beef?") would have thought me crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by scottfan View Post
    Hey Lou and Jess!
    not sure if y'all remember me, but we spoke after the show. I was the one with the Eagles tat on her back (like the one one of your friends had on her leg) and from Tn!!!

I am disappointed that they didn't do I Will Not Go Quitely, that is one of my favs. I watched the Utube y'all posted and Scott was rocking out!!!

Don't feel alone, i cried all the way back to Tn. on the plane. I am hoping that i can make the fall solo shows as well as the final farewell on the west coast. Even though i love all the guys, Scott is the one i am there to see.

Hope to see y'all at more shows in the future!!
    Kelle
    Welcome to The Border from me, too, Kelle! I'm glad you had such a fantastic time at Don's show.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Welcome Kelle!!! I'm very glad you enjoyed the show and got to meet our Jess and Lou! I hope you enjoy it here on the Border!
    He sings it high, he plays it low