Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Livin' Right

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Default Livin' Right

How many here are actually living a healthy lifestyle? I mean, eating right and working out regularly.

Try as I may to stay on track, it's hard! I keep joking that I'm going to take a five day vegan challange to boost my metabolism. I try to do some sort of exercise every day, but there are days I just can't bring myself to even take a walk. I do try to do my eliptical machine four times a week though, even if only for a half hour.

What is everyone else doing?

Default Re: Livin' Right

Nothing. I need help!

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

I start the day out great but by evening I'm a very bad girl. I need a lot of help but don't know where to even begin to correct years of bad habits.

This is a great topic LTL. At work we did a biggest loser challenge this year - it ran from the first week of January to the last week of April. Only five of us did it - we weighed in every Friday and put $2.00 in the pot (I know... we're cheap!) Percentage of weight lost was recorded, and yours truly won! Don't get too excited - I only lost six pounds! That tells you how everyone else did! Since then I've lost another four pounds, basically by eating less. I already consider myself a fairly healthy eater - it's the excercise that haunts me! Naturally in the summer months I'm more active so it's easier to keep the weight off, but man, I gotta tell you, it's hard to do! As AZ said, bad habits are hard to break, but I know it can be done, so I'm tryin' to do it!

Also, livin' right to me is keeping my mind in the present moment, appreciating all the beauty around me and thinking positively. It sounds much easier than it is!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I've been gaining weight steadily since I went to graduate school and, like all my friends, starting existing on fast food and living most of my life in front of the computer writing my dissertation. I have a gym membership but it languishes and now I'm almost embarrassed to go back. I think the thing that is really keeping me back is how inordinately tired I've been after work for weeks now. I don't know what's wrong with me. Some of my friends have mono and I wonder if I've managed to catch it.

I know things need to change, but I have so much stress in my life right now that I'm putting it off until things calm down. I wish I had Glenn's attitude about it, but frankly I loathe "Livin' Right." I loathe exercise, I hate giving up yummy foods. I have a huge appetite and I hate being hungry. In short, "Livin' Right" makes me miserable. I figure I'll endure the suffering that is "Living' Right" when I have fewer other problems.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I am bad about Livin Right, but the video is hilarious with Glenn, the lazy slug turned into the gym ethusiast

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Okay - when Soda mentioned the Livin' Right video, I was thinking to myself - well, Glenn had the incentive of all those nice young ladies to coax him into the gym. Now, I don't like exercise either, but if Mr. Frey wants to start visiting the gym again, I maybe could be persuaded.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I have to say, I really dislike that video! However, it was a perfect title for this thread.

I too hate exercising, but I force myself to do it. I love food and I joke it's slowly killing me to eat better and cut out my desserts (for now). I'm desperately trying to lose at least 15 lbs, if not more.

Soda, I can relate to the tiredness. Every day I would nap for an hour in the afternoon because I couldn't keep my eyes open. Once I started eating better and forcing myself to at least walk two miles, I felt so much better. I actually don't need my nap anymore! I have energy now. It's only been a couple of months, but there is an improvement.

It's so funny, because I know this lifestyle change is so much better/healthier for me... but boy it's a lot of hard work. I guess I've noticed several of the elderly people I know who are overweight are having such a hard time w/illnesses and what not. The ones that are thinner and eat better appear to be aging much better and aren't on any medications... so I decided I better "do something" before I got "out of control" (ha, I didn't even plan those!)

PM, congrats on the weight loss. Good for you! I'm down about 12 myself. I'm going to get my old body back if it kills me... and it might. AZ, you are speaking my language... I usually fall apart at night too, but I try each day to get a little better. Today, no chocolate for me! Yeah! Although I just sucked down two slices of cheese and three handfuls of goldfish crackers... but no sugary sweet desserts...

I try to do every day 2 hours sport and to live fairly healthy. Both not always succeeds!
    Nevertheless I have lost during the last months 20 pounds. Unfortunately, I can not do the sports that I like, for example soccer, tennis or vollyball. Because I have been operated during the last 10 years already 4 times on the right knee.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Wow Koala, a 20 lb. loss is great. Good for you!

I don't think we're meant to "be good" all the time. There is a time for that (most of the time) and then there can be room to indulge. I'm not talking about going crazy and undoing all of your hard work. I'm talking about maybe once a day putting one piece of chocolate in your mouth and enjoying the smooth sweetness as it melts on your tongue, or once every 3 or 4 weeks going to Dairy Queen and splurging on your favorite small Blizzard (Extreme Chocolate for me - yummy!)

This is life, after all, and we're meant to live it to the fullest. We can have it all - in moderation!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.