I can't help thinking about that movie "Airplane" (a spoof on "Airport" and I think I have the names right). The Air Traffic Controller Supervisor (and I can't remember his name) was chain smoking as the "situation" became more and more desperate. He was trying to quit smoking and his line was a serious "It's a bad time to quit smoking." It goes on from there to it being a bad time to quit drinking. Then to quit snorting coke. Then I think to quitting mainlining. <LOL>

Well, that's the way I've always been with smokes. I just don't have the will power. But by golly, I'll stand in your corner any day for ANYONE who has the habit and is trying to break it!

It interrupts your life...in all sorts of ways; not just by a very painfull death! Think of the long airplane trips you can't take. Long meetings you can't sit through and concentrate productively. Irritations to your friends who are non-smokers. The city-wide bans on smoking. The employers who have instituted non-smoking restrictions, sometimes covering the entire campus from which you work!

I would have long ago lost my job and career had I not been able to work from home.