Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Livin' Right

Default Re: Livin' Right

Wow!!! Just caught up on the last few pages. Well done, ladies!!

I've got to find something to get me motivated to start exercising. I've lost 13 pounds over the last month and a half but I think a lot of that was stress related. I haven't noticed a change but I'm happy about the 13 lbs and want to keep adding to that number. I plan to make some changes but actually doing it and keeping up with it is the problem for me. We'll see how things go.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Yeah, that's one thing that bums me out. I worked so hard this past month and yet I don't see a change when I look in the mirror.

But good luck Peek! Hopefully we can both keep it up.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Well, i guess I should've explained better. I lost the 13 without doing a single thing. Like I said, I think it's been all of the stress that I've put on myself over the past few months. So I guess I haven't exactly been "Livin' Right" but I really want to start doing just that. But thanks, Nancy. I hope I can jump start a new and healthy me.

Now that I think about it, I haven't been drinking alcohol much the past few months. Not that I was a bad drinker or anything but I would have some beers and drinks with friends about once a week or every other week but I haven't been going out much lately so I guess that could've helped with my little weight loss.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

I read through the program on the link--Couch to 5K--and I think its a good start with a clearly defined method to go from walking to jogging to running. If you want to end up jogging--by the end of the program, you do end up a jogger! You can start without an activity plan and you get a structured route.

Congrats to those who are working so hard to get fit. I need to get back on track. I gained weight after my surgery last summer (the doctor warned me I probably would and she was right, darn it!). I really need to start getting some more exercise. I spend 4-8 hours a day online looking for work and filling out job apps and I am spending way too much time on my butt and way too little time moving so that has most certainly contributed to the problem. Even though I only eat one or two small meals a day hasn't helped--I swear I have the world's slowest metabolism!

Good luck to all!

I'm currently sporting more than usual, of course I have on vacation more time. This means that I make at least 3 hours per day sport (Cycling not every day, walking, no jogging because my knees, and then exercises for abdominal and back).But I did not lose weight however after all, my waist size is a little less!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I was hesitant to put this here because I wasn't sure if I'd be able to stick with it... but I am also on a plan. Not this running one, but a simple one of diet and exercise (an hour of fitness-walking every day). I've been on it for a month and have only cheated once, but still I've only lost 10 pounds. At this rate I won't get to my goal weight by the end of the summer.
    That's 10 pounds in the right direction! Hang in there
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

[quote=Peekaboo;154273]Well, i guess I should've explained better. I lost the 13 without doing a single thing. Like I said, I think it's been all of the stress that I've put on myself over the past few months. So I guess I haven't exactly been "Livin' Right" but I really want to start doing just that. But thanks, Nancy. I hope I can jump start a new and healthy me.
    quote]
    Bailey will help too!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Good luck to all who are trying to get a little more fit!
    I don't think it matters what plan you follow, as long as you can make it work for you so that it fits smoothly into your lifestyle.
    I too always look for fast results and then get discouraged if they don't come fast enough but patience and perserverance always pay off.
    Passing on dessert never hurts either!!

Yes - I'm going to a party tonight and I've already added up how many drinks I can have and still say within acceptable caloric intake levels! lol

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten