Thread: Celebration of "Inside Job"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Celebration of "Inside Job"

I noticed in Today in Eagles history that Inside Job was released on this day in 2000.

Since we don't already have an "official" thread about this album, I thought I would start one for anyone that wants to comment on the album. Since it's a holiday weekend here in the states, and the board is very slow, we may not get a lot of discussion, but what the heck - for those of you who don't have any celebration plans, I thought I'd give you something to talk about.

So here are my thoughts on the album ... First of all, I'll start off by saying that it is my least favorite of Don's solo albums. I don't think that it's a bad album, it's just that I don't think it is a good as the others. I like it more now than I did when I first heard it, but the album is just too slow and it drags a bit too much for my taste.

To me the only exceptional track on the album is Taking You Home - it is simply a beautiful song. I also like My Thanksgiving and They’re Not Here, They’re Not Coming a lot. After those, to me, there is a big drop off. Some of the other uptempo songs such as Nobody Else In the World But You, Miss Ghost, and Goodbye To a River are certainly pleasant, but really just don't do a lot for me. I know that many people think Miss Ghost is uber sexy, but honestly, that is lost on me because of the way Don uses his voice in the song. Of course, I love the sentiment and lyrics of Annabel, even though I find the melody somewhat bland.

But frankly, I think the biggest problem for me is that even though there was over a 10-year gap, this album was the follow-up to the EOTI masterpiece, and therefore, it was kind of a letdown. Don had set the bar so high with that album, that it was difficult to outdo himself - very similar to the problem the band had between Hotel California and The Long Run.
    Last edited by Ive always been a dreamer; 08-24-2009 at 01:39 PM.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016