Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Aerosmith

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Steven Tyler leaves Aerosmith

Strange! Why would Joe Perry talk about it in public without first confirming it with Steven? That's no way to get along.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I speculate that Steven was angry and in a fit of rage said he was quitting... not really meaning it though. I highly doubt Joe would publicly state Steven was leaving if something of the sort hadn't happened.

Then, there's always the theory that it's just publicy to promote Joe's solo album.

In any case, you can't have Aerosmith w/out having both Steven and Joe.

Can you imagine the Eagles without both Glenn and Don?

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

How weird? I cannot imagine Aerosmith without him. I think Joe is kidding himself if he think he can replace Steven. What a shame. I hope it's not true.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    I speculate that Steven was angry and in a fit of rage said he was quitting... not really meaning it though. I highly doubt Joe would publicly state Steven was leaving if something of the sort hadn't happened.

Then, there's always the theory that it's just publicy to promote Joe's solo album.

In any case, you can't have Aerosmith w/out having both Steven and Joe.

Can you imagine the Eagles without both Glenn and Don?
    I can't imagine the Eagles without EITHER Glenn or Don, let alone both.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

It gets stranger again.....

http://http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/articles/2010/02/01/for_twilight_fans_catch_of_the_day/

Wanted: Tyler’s fill-in
    Aerosmith is casting a wide net as it looks for a singer to replace Steven Tyler. There are reports that Joe Perry, Brad Whitford, Tom Hamilton, and Joey Kramer have so far approached Billy Idol, former Bad Company singer Paul Rodgers, and Soundgarden’s Chris Cornell about filling in for their wayward frontman. (According to Classic Rock magazine, Cornell responded: ‘[Expletive], can you imagine how ridiculous that would be?’) Closer to home, what about Gary Cherone? We spied the Extreme singer - who succeeded Sammy Hagar in Van Halen - with Kramer at Saturday’s sold-out Cheap Trick show. Hmm. (Eagle bassist Timothy B. Schmit was also backstage.) Tyler, meanwhile, is supposed to be rehabbing in Los Angeles, but continues to be out and about. On Jan. 19, he jumped on the PA system at a Home Depot and sang a few Aerosmith songs for startled shoppers. His manager Eric Sherman told People.com that Tyler has completed the first 30 days of a 90-day program, and is in fine shape. “[Steven’s] a performer 24/7 - whether he’s onstage, at the Home Depot, or singing karaoke.’’ Apparently.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    On Jan. 19, [Tyler] jumped on the PA system at a Home Depot and sang a few Aerosmith songs for startled shoppers. His manager Eric Sherman told People.com that Tyler has completed the first 30 days of a 90-day program, and is in fine shape. “[Steven’s] a performer 24/7 - whether he’s onstage, at the Home Depot, or singing karaoke.’’
    LOL!!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Is there another AI stylized "Rock Star" in the offing? It's a good way for a band to make money. Short term anyway. Look at the attention "Rock Star Super Nova" gathered! Can't even say it was for nothing either...I'm sure they made a bundle off their appearance even though they crashed right after the show went off the air and they made a few concert dates.

Maybe there is some aspiring Rock Star out there that can fill Tyler's shoes...I doubt it though.

MikeA

I can't believe they are even thinking about trying to replace Steven. No Steven no Aerosmith for me.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I can't believe they are even thinking about trying to replace Steven. No Steven no Aerosmith for me.
    Right... w/out Steven, it's just some new band forming. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Joe Perry... but w/out his toxic twin... in ain't Aerosmith!

Yeah, I like Joe P, too, but they just need to form a new band and not try to call it Aerosmith.