Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Aerosmith

Default Re: Aerosmith

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Brooke and Austin, sounds like if the Eagles came to Peoria we could have ourselves a nice little Borders get together!
    Definitely!!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Aerosmith has a new album in the works. I also follow Joe Perry on Twitter and it seems like its a back-to-the-roots album, this one. Which is good as my favorite albums were "Toys In The Attic" and "Rocks", "Toys" especially.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/aeros...lbum-may-2012/
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

They've been really talking this up on Sirius Classic Rewind lately. We can only hope!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Good! I hope it happens!

I've been reading Steven's book. What a wild and crazy guy, but very smart. I hope they can all get along long enough to tour again.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

-Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post

I've been reading Steven's book. What a wild and crazy guy, but very smart. I hope they can all get along long enough to tour again.
    I'll be interested to hear what you thought about the whole book when you're done with it. I loved the beginning of it and thought it was going to be a great read but about 2/3 of the way through it, I started to get a bit disgusted with his attitude of "I'm a rock star and that's why I do the things I do and no one understands me". The whole I have to have sex with all the groupies and my wives don't "get it" really p*ssed me off or the bit where he goes on and on about how the other guys in the band couldn't understand that he's the lead singer and they can all put down their instruments after a show and rest but he can't do that with his voice, etc.... He seemed to become a whiner and I hadn't seen that coming. JMO

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

TBF, you know how you said you didn't want to read the Eagles books incase you saw something that would make you change your feelings about them... yeah, seeing this post about Steven just kinda had that effect on me... even though I know he's a diva.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Well, I'm finally done with it and all I can say is what a witty, crazy, smart and yeah, probably a little full of himself, guy! I'm in awe of what he can do with his voice and his way with words even in conversation, and I love most of Aerosmith's songs and seeing them perform. The whole entertainer package right there. What a truly talented guy he is!

Yes, I'm disgusted about his groupie love and don't agree with that at all if he's married. I'm sorry he has such a drug and alcohol addiction, and that most of the other band members are still doing the drugs but they expect him to be straight. Everyone knows that's not gonna work!

I don't know. Even after reading all about it, I still admire him as an entertainer.

ETA: Just read ltlh's comment and and yeah, it does hurt when you read bad things about these people you so admire, but nobody's perfect. Even though we've put them up on pedestals they're human too.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Brooke, to clarify, I meant this ego issue... not his drug issue.

Trust me, I love Steven all the same. I'm sure somewhere in this thread you'll see how he caught my attention at a concert and my eyes never left him. Amazing entertainer!

I just don't care for the "i'm a rockstar and can do what i want" attitude... even if it is true!!!

That's exactly what I mean LTL. I KNOW I'm gonna see that a lot in all the biographies/autobiographies I read about the Rock Gods I love but it still ticks me off most of the time. But like you, I still love them and Steven is no different.

Funny story -the opposite happened one time tho. For years, David Lee Roth use to drive me crazy with his Rock God attitude and the way he strutted around all the time, not just on stage. I knew it was what made him David Lee Roth but seriously.... Then I read his book, Crazy From The Heat, and he is actually a very intelligent business man and not just a pretty face. He also loves himself but came across completely different than he usually does in interviews and such. Gained a whole new respect for him, which usually didn't happen after reading books like his or Steven's. KWIM?