Thread: Eagles film question

Out on the Border

Default Eagles film question

Hello Everyone,

I have been a mild eagles fan for many years, but after picking up Felders book, I am floored. This truly is an amazing band. I do have one question that I hope some of you experts can answer for me. Reading his book, he mentions that there was a 16MM film made of a concert in Washington DC sometime in 1976-77ish from what I recall. Has this ever surfaced unofficially? Can someone point me in the right direction to find it, or give me more info? I saw a clip of Hotel California from 1976 on YouTube, but am unsure if it is the same show. Is there a directory for Eagles bootlegs on video? Any info would be much appreciated. Sorry if this is a frequent topic of discussion.

Thank You.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles film question

I believe the HC clip comes from that concert but I have never heard of the rest of the concert ever becoming available.

The eaglesonlinecentral.com bootleg index is here:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...imedialive.htm

Out on the Border

Thanks for the info Freypower. What is the likely hood of the Eagles releasing material from the vault? They really should re-issue the Eagles:Live album from 1980 with previously unreleased tracks. What are the chances do you think?

I think the Hotel California video we're familiar with was not filmed in Washington DC, and I don't have a copy of the bootleg for that show. I'm sorry. I would like to see it, too! Perhaps it's out there somewhere...

I heard the Eagles wanted to release some vault material but there were difficulties with the entities that own the rights to them.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Soda, I wish I could give you a source, but I have read on numerous occasions that that clip WAS filmed in Washington.

Hmm, my info says it was the Capital Theater. I thought that was in New York but that name does sound rather Washington DC-ish! I stand corrected. Thanks, FP.

I'm afraid I still don't have a bootleg of the concert though!

BTW, here's my page on it:
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...eos/hc1977.htm

ETA: Just watched the video again. Not too many shots of Glenn but Don goes nuts on the drums, sounds great - I love the look on Don's face when he sings "Just can't kill the beast" and does that drum fill. And Joe and Felder... their awesomeness on this song goes without saying. Joe in his kerchief is adorable, too.

Stuck on the Border

It's why Felder was my favourite Eagle before October 2, 1979. He looks great and his rapport with Joe is real. As you say, Don of course is in great form. Glenn is barely shown.

It took 18 MONTHS for Countdown, Australia's big music program, at the time, to show this video. They never showed until November 1978, by which stage I absolutely lapped it up. For the whole of 1977 - 1978 it was all Fleetwood Mac, Boz Scaggs and Peter Frampton. I mention this because I was so frustrated that I adored the HC album but had no visual images except a couple of old photos. It's relevant for me personally in that it is a big step along the way to my becoming a massive fan.

Even then I think I knew that it was not 'practical' to stick with Felder as my favourite. I think I knew that when the new album was released I would probably change my mind. The question was - who would it be?! On the basis of the HC video, I say again that Don Henley was the obvious choice.

Yes, indeed. Well, it was an interesting time.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChristComesAlive View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I have been a mild eagles fan for many years,

Thank You.
    This statement just cracked me up! I don't believe I've ever seen a similar statement on this board like that before.

CCA---Welcome and glad you have been intrigued by the Eagles now.

FP--loved your mention of Boz. He was very popular in Australia in 77 and 78 which would have been slightly after Silk Degrees was released huh? Wow who knew.

Interesting info about that video. I have always loved it--so many reasons why but my favorite being the intro of Seven Bridges at the beginning. I'm thinking of the right one right?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Yes, you're thinking of the right one. My favorite part is Seven Bridges Road too! They are so talented.

Border Desperado AmarilloByMorning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Joe in his kerchief is adorable, too.
    He's so dang cool!! People in the rags are always discussing their fashion icons... Well, Joe is mine!