Page 90 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast

Thread: Timothy in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Default Re: Timothy in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    But no dates were cancelled, so the tour ended as scheduled.

I really didn't want to bring this up, but I saw them in February 2015, and I think Glenn's health was deteriorating then. Who on this board was the last to see them?
    Va, HB and I saw them on their 3rd to last show in Lexington, KY on July 27th.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Didn't Bernie say after Glenn's death that Glenn told him at the last show that it wouldn't be the end of it?

Don't know what, but it sounded like something would be happening after a break. Then Glenn got sicker...
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I remembered Bernie saying that in an article. I think they were done for the year and they would start back up in January or February.

I wonder how long it takes to plan a tour because right after the HOTE tour ended Don and Joe were already posting dates for their fall tour.

I don't know. Something's strange going on. I'm going by memory from articles and posts. I remembered the guys took the rest of June off. Don went to Nashville and LA during that time to say CC was coming out in September. Then they started back on the road after the 4th of July. Tour until the end of July. From an interview Bob Seger did, Glenn went on vacation after the tour. Don started to promote CC in August and his dates started go on sale in August. The same with Joe.

Maybe they were going to do some dates after Don and Joe finished with their tours last year, but that would had meant ending close to Christmas.

They were in talks to do a 40th anniversary tour of HC the following year. I'm thinking they had to get together after Glenn went on vacation and before Glenn got sick. Maybe they were going to start touring after New Year's, but then Don was talking about start back touring again for CC in the spring. So its confusing.

The question is when did Glenn actually go to the hospital. Was he already in the hospital when they announced they will postponed KCH until next year or he went to the hospital later.

Stuck on the Border

As far as I remember he went into hospital at the end of October & never came out. He was in hospital when the postponement was announced. At that point it was expected that he would have surgery & a long period of recuperation. From what I understand, and I may be wrong, the last Eagles show was the last time any of them saw him.

My guess is that they probably discussed the HC tour at their January 2015 meeting.

I don't see what is 'strange' about it. It's just the choice of the word 'abrupt' seems wrong.

That's probably it, FP. When I saw the word abrupt, I got confuse and that's why I said kinda strange since Don said in an interview that they were done for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    As far as I remember he went into hospital at the end of October & never came out. He was in hospital when the postponement was announced. At that point it was expected that he would have surgery & a long period of recuperation. From what I understand, and I may be wrong, the last Eagles show was the last time any of them saw him.

My guess is that they probably discussed the HC tour at their January 2015 meeting.

I don't see what is 'strange' about it. It's just the choice of the word 'abrupt' seems wrong.
    I'm thinking and I maybe wrong too Don(but definitely Irving) might had been the last one to see Glenn. I think I remembered from an article(I think by Bob) that he was keeping everybody in the loop with Glenn. Don was in NYC for Howard Stein show in December and he could had seen Glenn around that time.

But as seeing him alive. Yeah. Bossier City was probably the last time they saw Glenn.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 11-14-2016 at 07:55 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I'm thinking and I maybe wrong too Don(but definitely Irving) might had been the last one to see Glenn. I think I remembered from an article(I think by Bob) that he was keeping everybody in the loop with Glenn. Don was in NYC for Howard Stein show in December and he could had seen Glenn around that time.

But as seeing him alive. Yeah. That Bossier City was probably the last time they saw Glenn.
    I don't know, but if they did see him, he was in a coma. I remember that Bob said he & Don happened to meet in a hotel lobby & Don told him what was happening.

This is horrible. Sorry. I have been looking for more detail on this myself. It's hard to know how to ask about it or do anything really.

Stuck on the Border

A few years ago, there was a newspaper article on Irving Azoff that said he spoke to the same five people every day by phone and that Don and Glenn were two of them. Based on that, I assume at least Azoff was in touch with Glenn and later with Cindy and that he would have passed on some of the news to Don.

If Timothy had used "abrupt" to describe the end of the group, I don't think anyone would think anything of it. It just seems odd to have it applied to a tour which - as far as fans knew - had come to a natural end.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    A few years ago, there was a newspaper article on Irving Azoff that said he spoke to the same five people every day by phone and that Don and Glenn were two of them. Based on that, I assume at least Azoff was in touch with Glenn and later with Cindy and that he would have passed on some of the news to Don.

If Timothy had used "abrupt" to describe the end of the group, I don't think anyone would think anything of it. It just seems odd to have it applied to a tour which - as far as fans knew - had come to a natural end.
    I remembered that article of Irving saying that.

I agree, UTW. If he said it about the group. Yeah we would had understood that more, but as applying to a tour being abrupt. Yeah. It is odd.

Border Rebel

Maybe he meant abrupt, as in he didn't think the band would end so abruptly -- that they would continue touring at some point. It didn't seem like the end then, but what happened afterward made the ending abrupt. (I'm not sure that makes any sense; I just can't explain what I mean very well! )