Page 75 of 105 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast

Thread: Timothy in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Timothy in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sad-cafe View Post
    doesn't he also live in NY?

I wonder how much time he -and all the guys really- spent time with Glenn in those final days at the hospital
    He lives in California, but does own an apt in NYC.

I know Timothy was in NY in December. My sister and I were at a Steely Dan concert at the Beacon. After the concert, as we were leaving, we saw Timothy and his daughter sitting about 6 rows behind us. We were stunned and thrilled to see him and wondered why he was in the audience and not on stage or backstage with the band. He stared straight ahead and looked very serious. Knowing what we know now, maybe it was sadness.

Either people did not recognize him or they were respectful and did not bother him because we did not see anyone approach him. I thought his daughter glanced over in our direction so I gave a little wave hoping Timothy would look our way. I was just going to smile and give him a thumbs up but he never looked our way.

Knowing now that I will never see another Eagles concert, I wished I had just leaned into the row and thanked him for the great music and performances.

after reading that all I can think of is this:

"I'm an Eagle when its time to be an Eagle

I go to the grocery store-I did the dishes"

he was at that concert to be in the audience - just a normal person that wanted to enjoy music

I hope he comes out soon and does something. I just need to see him. I am sure he will be like Joe. Trying to carry on but you will be able to see the sorrow

Out on the Border

Has Timothy said anything about Glenn's passing? I really like Tim...seems like a humble guy =]

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Here is an article about Timothy's song on Wynonna's album - what I want to know is how did she choose THIS song from 1973?? Guess she just likes it...I like NPR describing him as "ethereal." That's Jean's role in This is Spinal Tap - Ethereal Fan.

"Timothy B. Schmit, the most ethereal member of The Eagles, joins for a sparkling duet in "I Can See Everything," a song he wrote in 1973 as a member of Poco. "

http://www.npr.org/2016/02/03/465278...-the-big-noise

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Here is an article about Timothy's song on Wynonna's album - what I want to know is how did she choose THIS song from 1973?? Guess she just likes it...I like NPR describing him as "ethereal." That's Jean's role in This is Spinal Tap - Ethereal Fan.

"Timothy B. Schmit, the most ethereal member of The Eagles, joins for a sparkling duet in "I Can See Everything," a song he wrote in 1973 as a member of Poco. "

http://www.npr.org/2016/02/03/465278...-the-big-noise
    Thanks for that link - I listened and I loved her version. I can't wait for her album to come out

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Here's 25-year old Tim singing it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAZUW0C0cw0

I've been eagerly awaiting Wynonna's new cd with Timothy's song, "I Can See Everything." I've heard it on the NPR site, and I like it. Wynonna is a cool, talented chick, no doubt. But if I'm honest, I was just waiting for Tim's presence, and when he comes in at the chorus, and I hear that voice, well, that makes the song for me. Looking forward to geting this cd when it comes out on the 12th.

And I, too, love the word "ethereal" that NPR applied to Timothy. It's just so apt.

And MC, thanks for posting the Poco recording. I still play the Poco music regularly. That was such a special time for Timothy, whose voice, like his heart, is a gift so beautiful and pure-and it just keeps on giving joy to us.

No wonder we love this man so much.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I didn't get a chance to listen to Wynonna's rendition of I Can See Everything yesterday. Now - I'm kinda glad cause I just listened to Tim's and Wynonna's versions back-to-back. Thanks for staying on top of this, MC ... and I agree that 'ethereal' is a good description of Tim.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016