Page 102 of 105 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105 LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1046

Thread: Timothy in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Timothy in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Attention all Timothy fans. If you have Sirius, Timothy's guest DJ show is this afternoon at 5:00pm Eastern/4:00pm Central.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Attention all Timothy fans. If you have Sirius, Timothy's guest DJ show is this afternoon at 5:00pm Eastern/4:00pm Central.
    And he was fabulous!!

Thanks, Shun!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

I agree. I love the story of how everything came together for him to join the Eagles and him already knew he was going to get the call before he was told (thanks to his neighbor JD Souther). He had to keep the excitement in before he finally got the call.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I love hearing that story, Shun. Can you imagine? Hearing that the Eagles are going to call you? I just think that and the couple years following must have been the most exciting time in his life, in a big way! Right after Hotel California...it's crazy.

I saw you posted that he said he was still married to his first wife when he joined the Eagles. I wonder what caused him to say that on the Sirius show?! What an odd thing to bring up! Does he feel bad because she died and he's acknowledging her to Jeddrah? Was there more context?

I believe they had been separated for a long time and were legally married into the 80s.

Does Timothy have new music coming out?

I just caught part of his Sirius show and he said he asked Mavis Staples to sing on one of his songs and she is going to. Maybe he just means in a show. Maybe it's White Boy, that would be awesome.

I just listened to the Mike Tully podcast interview with Timothy, and YES, does have new music coming out, he is working on his next album and will be doing so in the new year before the Eagles tour starts up. Yay!

He also said that when his dad stopped playing music, his health started to rapidly decline. TBS said he learned from that and that is why he continues to play. He said he is still interested in music and is getting better at it. He thinks about himself in his 20s and says he didn't know anything. He also acknowledged that every night the Eagles play a show, there are thousands of people who have never seen them play Hotel California live, and that's what keeps it interesting - the fan reaction to the songs, all of the songs. He said it is just huge, the demand to see them. He doesn't know when they'll stop. I'm paraphrasing - it's a good interview if you haven't listened yet.

I'm just going to keep replying to my own posts LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    I love hearing that story, Shun. Can you imagine? Hearing that the Eagles are going to call you? I just think that and the couple years following must have been the most exciting time in his life, in a big way! Right after Hotel California...it's crazy.

I saw you posted that he said he was still married to his first wife when he joined the Eagles. I wonder what caused him to say that on the Sirius show?! What an odd thing to bring up! Does he feel bad because she died and he's acknowledging her to Jeddrah? Was there more context?

I believe they had been separated for a long time and were legally married into the 80s.
    From what I remembered (I need to rehear the show because I was at work and I really couldn't turn the volume up and I also was driving when I listen to the rest of the show), he was just telling the story of how he became a member of the Eagles. He was looking for new opportunities since Poco's popularity was dropping, they weren't packing the places and weren't making much money. Somewhere in there he brought up his wife and daughter were on vacation and he was at home by himself. He went over to JD's house (who were neighbors. Who wasn't neighbors with JD in the 70s ) to hang out. Then he brought up that JD had a secret, but didn't know he should tell Timothy, but went ahead and told Timothy that their was a possibility of him getting a call to join the Eagles and of course Timothy got the call later (I don't know how long in between he had to wait). Then it tied into the last song, Please Come Home For Christmas which was his first recording as an Eagle.

That was actually new to me. I only heard about the story of Glenn telling Irving he wanted to get Timothy to replace Randy and Irving thinking it wasn't a good idea. You learn so much from these guest DJ shows.

That was also interesting that he was still married to his first wife when he joined the Eagles. So I guess something happened (or they already separated when he got the call) after that because he was with Jean during the softball game months later.

I didn't know his first wife is dead.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-15-2017 at 11:20 AM. Reason: I changed he to I. Mistake on my end.

Border Desperado

I have an acquaintance who lives in Costa Rica. They told me that Timothy's ex-wife resided there for a number of years before her passing in the early months of 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by WKMB55 View Post
    I have an acquaintance who lives in Costa Rica. They told me that Timothy's ex-wife resided there for a number of years before her passing in the early months of 2015.
    Yes, I saw some posts on public social media about her living there.

I just got around to listening to the Tully podcast. I always enjoy TBS interviews but this one was particularly interesting, imo. It was more than the same old questions with the same old approach. Good.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you