Page 50 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast

Thread: Timothy in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Timothy in the Press/Blogs/etc.

I've heard very little about Jean from Timothy but it seems to me also that he's extremely loving husband and maybe does 'need' her too

Out on the Border

I've never had the pleasure of meeting either Timothy or Jean, so my thoughts are only based on guesses. But having seen them together at the beginning of the HFO DVD and the red carpet interview footage, I can see how their love for each other carries over into his music. The loving look he gives her as she walks away before the HFO concert. Wow.

Not sure if what I've read on the internet is true, but he used to tap dance, is a vegetarian, and does yoga, (which I think is fascinating) and seems to have a very quiet, peaceful private life with his family. I would love to see Jean's art but haven't found anything online. In an industry where people live in a fishbowl with little privacy, and long periods on the road and holed up in music studios, it would take a strong woman and a solid marriage to endure. Timothy seems to have a gentle, caring spirit and he writes from the heart. I am happy that they are so devoted to each other.

LTF, Jean did the artwork for the Expando jacket front and the painting of Timothy on the front of the insert. And if you watch the Friday Night video, which was shot at their home. you get a glimpse of some of her work. I would love to see more of her paintings but she's is so low key that it's impossible to find any information.

From the little I've seen of them together, they do seem very 'tuned in' and devoted to each other. It's very refreshing in this day and age, where people marry & divorce like they're going thru a revolving door, to see a couple so dedicated to their union. And I think the fact that they were together for so long before they got married gave them a really solid foundation to build on thru the subsequent years.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

I've always wondered when they met and married...I've heard they married in 84...but that interview I heard with him last week somewhere..was in 80 when the band broke up and he mentioned "his wife"...???

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Timothy said in an interview that he and Jean were "living as man and wife for seven years" prior to 1984. I don't remember what the context was or why he said it. I just remember thinking it was a cute way to say shacking up. Maybe they were married when they learned Owen was coming. Soda has 1983 listed in the TBSonline bio page.

I have seen a photo of the canoe Jean carved in Hawaii and it is killer - really impressive, a beautiful piece of art, but it was on a social media site that has been taken down.

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    thanks SM for posting that interview...he's so darn cute!!!...I could listen to him talk all day...
    Me too!

It must be so awkward for her to just stand there while her husband is interviewed. I would want to butt in or wander away. I'd probably move just out of shot, supporting him from a distance. She's very dutiful. I think it's a little crass of the interviewer not to involve her at all but I guess that's the way of these things.

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013...ing-there.html

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Timothy said in an interview that he and Jean were "living as man and wife for seven years" prior to 1984. I don't remember what the context was or why he said it. I just remember thinking it was a cute way to say shacking up. Maybe they were married when they learned Owen was coming. Soda has 1983 listed in the TBSonline bio page.
    Yep - a bun in the oven seemed to be a common theme that caused many Eagles marriages.

Quote Originally Posted by secret squirrel View Post
    Me too!

It must be so awkward for her to just stand there while her husband is interviewed. I would want to butt in or wander away. I'd probably move just out of shot, supporting him from a distance. She's very dutiful. I think it's a little crass of the interviewer not to involve her at all but I guess that's the way of these things.
    I have to agree with you here, ss. It seems the polite thing to do in these cases is to engage the spouse in the conversation. They are, obviously, there to interview the celebrity, however, a skilled interview should be able to bring someone else into the conversation without taking the focus off of their target.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I have to agree with you here, ss. It seems the polite thing to do in these cases is to engage the spouse in the conversation. They are, obviously, there to interview the celebrity, however, a skilled interview should be able to bring someone else into the conversation without taking the focus off of their target.
    Exactamundo! At least acknowledge that she's there!

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013...ing-there.html

Out on the Border bashful badger's Avatar

Here's a blog about Timothy's live between song banter.

http://bashfulbadgersblog.wordpress....-at-solo-show/

I can't imagine anyone thinking his talking between songs is annoying!!!...can't be a real Timothy fan in my book!...I adored hearing his stories between each song...