Page 89 of 105 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast

Thread: Timothy in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Timothy in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Here's a really good interview with Tim. It even explains why it's so hard to get his new album on CD.
    In the old model before social media and before iTunes I probably wouldn’t have been able to do this, because you have to deal with much more difficult distribution but now that the physical distribution can be done out of your own store, online or Amazon makes it doable. iTunes is by far the biggest vendor selling music. So I’m doing it myself and it totally affects me.
    There's new detail on old subjects.

http://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/20....jEJ5DNL7.dpuf

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Here's a really good interview with Tim. It even explains why it's so hard to get his new album on CD.

There's new detail on old subjects.

http://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/20....jEJ5DNL7.dpuf
    Thanks, UtW!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Insightful interview, thanks. He says some nice things about Bernie and he sounds like a gracious guy. He makes an interesting comment about how the tour ended "abruptly" last summer, as if they may have planned to tour longer. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Thanks UTW! What about this?:

"When we sort of abruptly stopped in mid-summer of last year I said to myself, “I can’t let all these strange things that are happening around me affect my own life. I can’t let that stagnate me, I’ve gotta move forward,” which I think everybody in the band did, Don (Henley) and Joe (Walsh) and I. We kept moving forward; everybody was on the road or recording so I was able to finish it then. "

This makes it sound like they had to stop touring. All I can think is poor Glenn, he must have been unwell. "Strange things happening around me" ???

I don't think I have ever heard Timothy speak of his solo career business relationship with Irving. How great it is to have that giant machine supporting his solo work!

Such a good interview!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Thanks UTW! What about this?:

"When we sort of abruptly stopped in mid-summer of last year I said to myself, “I can’t let all these strange things that are happening around me affect my own life. I can’t let that stagnate me, I’ve gotta move forward,” which I think everybody in the band did, Don (Henley) and Joe (Walsh) and I. We kept moving forward; everybody was on the road or recording so I was able to finish it then. "

This makes it sound like they had to stop touring. All I can think is poor Glenn, he must have been unwell. "Strange things happening around me" ???
    But no dates were cancelled, so the tour ended as scheduled.

I really didn't want to bring this up, but I saw them in February 2015, and I think Glenn's health was deteriorating then. Who on this board was the last to see them?

Plus Glenn was sick a lot with a cold on this tour too. I think I remembered a few people who were at some of the concerts said Glenn didn't look well.

It is kinda interesting in what Timothy meant with that statement since it seem like July 29th was going to be the last tour date for last year and every interview they did leading up to July 29th said they was done for the year.

I remembered from an interview (I think it was the interview with that Australian reporter. I can't remember her name)Don did while promoting CC that they got together (they was probably got together before Glenn got sick. So they had to gotten together between August and November, but it had to be before September since Don was going to put out CC and tour during that time) and say they would take a break for the rest of the year and they would see each other again at the KCH and of course they would have their annual January meeting to see what they wanted to do for the new year. It seems like they were thinking about touring sometime next year since they wanted to do a tour for HC's 40th anniversary.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 11-11-2016 at 11:14 PM.

We know they didn't cancel any announced dates of that leg of the tour. It is possible that they had future legs planned or even booked and not announced. Or simply future plans. Anyway, this is conjecture. The point is it sounds like in Tim's mind, the end of the Eagles was abrupt.

It looks like VA, HB and TF22 saw them on July 25, 2015 in Lexington?
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=5803

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    But no dates were cancelled, so the tour ended as scheduled.

I really didn't want to bring this up, but I saw them in February 2015, and I think Glenn's health was deteriorating then. Who on this board was the last to see them?
    I saw their next-to-last show in July 2015 in Little Rock. It was my one and only Eagles concert, so I had no prior live observations of Glenn (or any of the guys) to which I could compare. I'm sorry I can't help you further with that.

I will say, though, that I, too, was struck by these comments. I wondered just to what Timothy could be referring.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    I saw their next-to-last show in July 2015 in Little Rock. It was my one and only Eagles concert, so I had no prior live observations of Glenn (or any of the guys) to which I could compare. I'm sorry I can't help you further with that.

I will say, though, that I, too, was struck by these comments. I wondered just to what Timothy could be referring.
    I saw them July 18...but I wasn't very close to the stage for that one...and I didn't notice anything...those are very odd comments from Timothy...