Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "No Fun Aloud"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Happy Birthday "No Fun Aloud"

Have you noticed (as if YOU Ladies hadn't <LOL>) the way Glenn has positioned his right hand on that Les Paul? This is a pose that would be more appropriate for Timothy since it is that of one playing a bass guitar.

Obviously Glenn is just "posing". I mean, we all know that Glenn is an accomplished guitarist, but that particular pose is one I'd expect from someone doing "air guitar" <LOL>

And that THIN strap! It would cut his shoulder off were he to use it for more than a few minutes. Les Pauls are HEAVY!

Really, I'm not trying to be negative or show disrespect for Glenn. It's just that I can't help but notice these things. Nothing wrong with posing for a picture. But it isn't a realistic pose for a guitarist <smile>, and Glenn IS ALL THAT!

MikeA

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Have you noticed (as if YOU Ladies hadn't <LOL>) the way Glenn has positioned his right hand on that Les Paul? This is a pose that would be more appropriate for Timothy since it is that of one playing a bass guitar.

Obviously Glenn is just "posing". I mean, we all know that Glenn is an accomplished guitarist, but that particular pose is one I'd expect from someone doing "air guitar" <LOL>

And that THIN strap! It would cut his shoulder off were he to use it for more than a few minutes. Les Pauls are HEAVY!

Really, I'm not trying to be negative or show disrespect for Glenn. It's just that I can't help but notice these things. Nothing wrong with posing for a picture. But it isn't a realistic pose for a guitarist <smile>, and Glenn IS ALL THAT!
    How did I know you would notice the guitar?

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post
    How did I know you would notice the guitar?

MikeA

Stuck on the Border

Mike, it's interesting that you mention the guitar strap because this has something that has worried me slightly about this photo for years. Of course you can't play shows with a thin strap like that - it looks like it was the strap which came with the guitar when it was bought. I wasn't aware of your second point about his right hand though, so thanks for pointing it out!

MF, I noticed you mentioned the lines 'oh she wants to be free etc' from She Can't Let Go. In this version he sings that very softly but in the Royal Oak version he belts it out at the top of his lungs. It is awesome to hear.

Out on the Border

Glenn was dating the girl who cut my hair back when he recorded this album. My favorite song (and one of the greatest songs ever IMO), is That Girl. I never asked her about that song because it could have been a sore spot for her for all I knew.

..I would have thought that Glenn was with Janie(the plaintiff) back when he recorded that album...anyway, I'm very jealous of your hairdresser..

Stuck on the Border

Well, the song is dedicated to Janie, who came from Texas. That is all I know.

Quote Originally Posted by kperk014 View Post
    Glenn was dating the girl who cut my hair back when he recorded this album. My favorite song (and one of the greatest songs ever IMO), is That Girl. I never asked her about that song because it could have been a sore spot for her for all I knew.
    I adore that song too! So beautiful.

I bet it would be a sore spot for the hairdresser to be reminded of the fact that since the song is "for Janie" it wasn't for her! lol

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I adore that song too! So beautiful.

I bet it would be a sore spot for the hairdresser to be reminded of the fact that since the song is "for Janie" it wasn't for her! lol
    For a hairdresser, she was pretty wild. Glenn was still relatively young and wild back then and you know how most young musicians have a weakness for the ladies. That Girl. I can still listen to that song and as soon as I hear the first note, it's 1982 again! Geez to be 22 again.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Celebration of "No Fun Aloud"

I do believe that today marks the 33rd anniversary of this album. (Correct me if I'm wrong).

I've not heard this album yet. It's the only one Glenn's solo albums not available for streaming on Spotify. However, an online friend that I buy vinyl records from on a monthly basis has found this album on vinyl, along with other Eagles related albums. He sent the records out today, and I should be playing this album in a week or so, for the first time. .
    He charged me $4 for the album. Did I get a good price?
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time