Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
I always thought that it was interesting that during the F1 tour You Belong To The City was invariably described as 'dated' while Boys Of Summer and Dirty Laundry were not. We know which song was dropped.
This post confused me FP. Who was it that "invariably described" YBTTC as dated? It sounds to me as if you think that the reason that the song was dropped is because it is dated. Sorry, but I just don't buy that. I believe it was dropped for totally different reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
It's funny, because to me "Boys of summer" is as "80's" as "You belong to the city", but the difference is that BoS was more popular from the start. Both are great songs. Seems to me that BoS has escaped the "dated" label because people think it's a great song, not because it doesn't sound like an 80's track.
chaim, I agree that both songs have the 80's sound, but YBTTC was actually a bigger hit than BOS when they were released - YBTTC hit #2 whereas BOS topped out at #5 I believe. Again, I'm not sure where the notion comes from that one song is more dated than the other.