Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "No Fun Aloud"

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Celebration of "No Fun Aloud"

Look on eBay too, sometimes people but out their collections and you can get a nearly new copy for s few dollars/ pounds
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Look on eBay too, sometimes people but out their collections and you can get a nearly new copy for s few dollars/ pounds
    That's how I got my copy. A guy sold his Eagles/solo albums collection to one of my online friends, who then sold them to me for $4 each.
    It may take awhile, but keep on looking on amazon and ebay. Also check out discogs. Alot of my friends find albums on there that they want for reasonable prices.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowland07 View Post
    Anyone know where I can get this album? It's not on iTunes and really don't feel like paying $30 on Amazon for the cd. I have the LP but am wanting a mp3 copy.
    Did you get my private message Shadowland07?

I wonder how Glen and/or his record company justify the unavailability of this album. It does contain what he described as his best song (The One You Love).

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

ShadowLand, when I can't find what I want, back in VA I had several used bookstores that sold used vinyl and CDs, too. Some let you listen right there in the store to ensure they work before buying them. Hunt one up, you never know what other gems you might find, including DVDs and even VHS tapes.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I wonder how Glen and/or his record company justify the unavailability of this album. It does contain what he described as his best song (The One You Love).
    "his record company" - that should give you a clue. NFA was released on Elektra/Aslyum and then Glenn changed record companies. There were no tracks from NFA from his Solo Collection and on a later compilation they used the live version of "The One You Love". There's an interview from when Glenn was promoting The Allnighter where he mentions being dropped by Elektra.

ETA: I was wrong. The Solo Collection does have "The One You Love", so there goes my argument.
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 06-08-2015 at 01:21 PM.

True, but I think your argument overall is legit. As you noted, the version on The Millennium Collection is live - the one from the Dublin album released along with the video. That's not on the Geffen label. It's the only live track so its inclusion instead of the studio cut is quite telling.

It's no coincidence that the only album released on the Geffen label is also the only album not available for digital download.

I have no idea how they justify it, unless the record company refuses to allow any of its material on iTunes to encourage CD sales of newer stuff, or the record company is holding certain material hostage as leverage to get a higher percent of the profits from iTunes. If one of those is the case - and I suspect so - the unavailability of Glenn's out of print album is collateral damage in a power play.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

It's also the only album of Glenn's not available for streaming on Spotify. I would say that it's because of the record company not wanting the albums released by them to be available either on digital or for streaming, but all 7 of (the) Eagles' albums from the debut- Live ate available for streaming on Spotify. I don't know about iTunes because I don't use it. Also, all of Don Henley's albums are available on Spotify.

ETA: how many of the Eagles' albums were released on Asylum?
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    It's also the only album of Glenn's not available for streaming on Spotify. I would say that it's because of the record company not wanting the albums released by them to be available either on digital or for streaming, but all 7 of (the) Eagles' albums from the debut- Live ate available for streaming on Spotify. I don't know about iTunes because I don't use it. Also, all of Don Henley's albums are available on Spotify.

ETA: how many of the Eagles' albums were released on Asylum?

All of them except Long Road Out Of Eden which the band released on its own 'label'.

You can get all Glenn's albums except No Fun Aloud from iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Did you get my private message Shadowland07?

Yes I did! Thanks Funk 50!!

Stuck on the Border

Yesterday, someone posted that No Fun Aloud was available on Spotify and today an mp3 download became available from Amazon.