Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
Just noticed this topic. At the moment I haven't got time so I'm not gonna write much. I just gotta say that I love the cover. The sign with the guitar as a symbol of fun with the album title and Glenn posing in front of it, wearing a white jacket and a tie, with his guitar and that expression on his face...It's just hilarious!!!
"Don't let go" is awesome. The word "dated" had never occured to me with this song. If something works for me decades after its release, to me it's not dated. And this song works for me. A sound itself is never dated, as far as I'm concerned. I've always wondered about the intro. That fast lick sounds like a guitar, but is it a synth? I think I hear the same synth in some places in this song that Glenn played the solo with in "Teenage jail". When I hear the lead parts in this song, I'm often not sure if it's a synth or a guitar I'm hearing.
You mean Don't Give Up?

Your musical knowledge is far more extensive than mine but I think the opening part is a synth and the solo and end parts are guitars.