Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "No Fun Aloud"

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Celebration of "No Fun Aloud"

Thanks for the heads up, UTW. OMG - I had no idea that the price of this CD had increased so much. I checked Amazon and they have a very limited supply available at the cost of approximately $30. By contrast, the 2-disc Long Road Out of Eden CD sold for less than $12 when it was released. I can't recall exactly but I believe the band members most recent solo releases - Expando, After Hours, and Analog Man all sold for less than $15.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I do believe that today marks the 33rd anniversary of this album. (Correct me if I'm wrong).

I've not heard this album yet. It's the only one Glenn's solo albums not available for streaming on Spotify. However, an online friend that I buy vinyl records from on a monthly basis has found this album on vinyl, along with other Eagles related albums. He sent the records out today, and I should be playing this album in a week or so, for the first time. .
    He charged me $4 for the album. Did I get a good price?
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    I do believe that today marks the 33rd anniversary of this album. (Correct me if I'm wrong).

I've not heard this album yet. It's the only one Glenn's solo albums not available for streaming on Spotify. However, an online friend that I buy vinyl records from on a monthly basis has found this album on vinyl, along with other Eagles related albums. He sent the records out today, and I should be playing this album in a week or so, for the first time. .
    He charged me $4 for the album. Did I get a good price?
    As I started to read this post I was thinking to myself that I must get out my vinyl copy to play today in honour of the anniversary. We just got a new amp & speakers for our turntable so NFA will be the next LP I will listen to. Then I read that you will be listening to it on vinyl as well, AG95. I think you got a fair price. I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    As I started to read this post I was thinking to myself that I must get out my vinyl copy to play today in honour of the anniversary. We just got a new amp & speakers for our turntable so NFA will be the next LP I will listen to. Then I read that you will be listening to it on vinyl as well, AG95. I think you got a fair price. I'm sure you will enjoy it!
    Lol, great minds think alike?

I'm sure that I will as well. The day that it comes in will be a party day for me, for sure! I'll just have to decide what album to play first. There's 2 other Glenn albums (Allnighter and Soul Searching), Don Henley's first 3 solo albums, 3 Eagles albums(self titled, On the Border, and One of these Nights), and 4 of Joe's solo albums, coming in with No Fun Aloud!
    Last edited by AlreadyGone95; 05-28-2015 at 11:13 AM.
    -Kim-

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    Lol, great minds think alike?

I'm sure that I will as well. The day that it comes in will be a party day for me, for sure! I'll just have to decide what album to play first. There's 2 other Glenn albums (Allnighter and Soul Searching), Don's first 3 solo albums, 3 Eagles albums(self titled, On the Border, and One of these Nights), and 4 of Joe's solo albums, coming in with No Fun Aloud!
    Hmmm, big decision! Of course Iwould go with Glenn first.

I've got the album playing now. The One You Love is currently playing. It's probably my favourite of Glenn's solo songs. Sounds even better with the new equipment!

Stuck on the Border

I had the CD on in the car this morning. My favourite changes but "I Volunteer" is a frontrunner.

Compare with the price of it on CD, the vinyl price is very reasonable.

Fantastic album!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

My copy came in today! I can't wait to play it tomorrow (I'm not gonna be home until then to listen to it)

As a bonus, my friend sent this poster of the album cover. I'll be putting it up on my wall.
    -Kim-

Anyone know where I can get this album? It's not on iTunes and really don't feel like paying $30 on Amazon for the cd. I have the LP but am wanting a mp3 copy.

Ugh. This is why ALL OUT OF PRINT ALBUMS SHOULD BE ON ITUNES.

I just took a quick look and can't find any that would be under $30 with shipping included, not even on eBay. Perhaps you should keep an eye out there, though. You might get lucky.

If you have a lot of vinyls you want to convert to CD/MP3, you can get a record player with a USB port like I have. The quality isn't the greatest but it's better than nothing.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten