Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: European Leg of the Tour

Default Re: European Leg of the Tour

I liked the suits at first, although I would have liked them to have changed to jeans after intermission, like they did for Farewell 1. However, the pictures all begin to look the same from the shows over the past year so, please bring back the jeans for good! Even though I will probably not get to see them again, I enjoy the pictures of the shows & I would appreciate some variety.

I echo your thoughts GL

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    This actually refers to CSN wearing tuxedos at the Grammy Awards. Glenn said 'when I saw them walk out in their tuxedos my f&*'n heart sank. Rock'n'roll does not belong in a tuxedo'. By 1985 he had changed his mind.
    But by 1985 he was not in the Eagles. He had every right to change his mind, but lest he forget that because of his comments about others during the '70's, he is largely responsible for perpetuating the image that the Eagles belong in f&*'n jeans.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Dreamer, I am well aware of that. I was referring to the 1985 MTV Music Awards when Mr Frey himself wore a tuxedo.

OK, suit haters. I have a question for you and then I am not ever going to give my opinion on this subject ever again. I am just a still small voice in the bigger scheme of things. I will say, however, that no matter how often I might express dislike of the suits here, it will not change the fact that they will continue to be worn. I also will continue to post photos of Glenn and the others wearing suits. Now:

If the rest of you hate the suits so much, and a DVD is released of this tour in which they are wearing suits, will you buy it?

Yes, you will tell me that you'll buy it, but the antagonism seems so strong that I felt I needed to ask.

I will buy it, but I will use my own imagination as to what they are wearing

Yes, I will buy it as well. I don't like the suits, however I do love the guys that are wearing the suits.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Of course I will buy it! Why wouldn't I? I must admit, I'm a little offended that anyone would think I wouldn't buy their dvd just because of some silly suits I don't like seeing them in. I am an Eagles fans and will listen to their music and watch them no matter what they are wearing. I don't see why I or anyone wouldn't buy a dvd just because of something an artist is wearing. The suits have no bearing on my fandom!

I will stick with my opinion that they look good in suits but MUCH better in jeans and casual wear and I will also say again that I think that their performances are more relaxed when they are dressed casually. IMO, they all look better in jeans. Don in his black t shirt and, dare I say, plaid shirt, Joe in his funky pants (sorry I get a kick out of them) or even his coonskin cap, and I loved Glenn in the shades and backwards ball cap, just makes them look younger and like the ROCK STARS they are!! I just feel they are showing their individual personalities, & I personally LOVE that! Again, this is just my opinion!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I don't know why the subject of suits vs. jeans has to be so antagonistic. We're just having fun here. After the tour started and we began to see either live shows or pictures from those shows we all had our own opinions about the suits and commented on them. We even had a poll here. It was fun. The subject quieted down after awhile, but lately it has become newsworthy here again because of the casual attire in the outdoor venues. Whatever your views are, you have to admit that it is exciting to see new pictures and videos of them in something other than the suits, thus the refreshed enthusiasm here!
    I think we all realize that the Eagles are going to wear the suits during this tour know matter what anyone thinks about them, but I also think it's okay to have fun here on the board and talk about it.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Here you can find a few pictures from the Prague concert.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Thank you Koala!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.