Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: European Leg of the Tour

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: European Leg of the Tour

Thanks from me too Koala. I love the last one of Glenn pointing!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Thanks from me too Koala. I love the last one of Glenn pointing!
    Yeah, like that one too. Looks like he his having blast!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Thanks!! A couple of those need to be in caption this! Going there now!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Of course I will buy it! Why wouldn't I? I must admit, I'm a little offended that anyone would think I wouldn't buy their dvd just because of some silly suits I don't like seeing them in. I am an Eagles fans and will listen to their music and watch them no matter what they are wearing. I don't see why I or anyone wouldn't buy a dvd just because of something an artist is wearing. The suits have no bearing on my fandom!

I will stick with my opinion that they look good in suits but MUCH better in jeans and casual wear and I will also say again that I think that their performances are more relaxed when they are dressed casually. IMO, they all look better in jeans. Don in his black t shirt and, dare I say, plaid shirt, Joe in his funky pants (sorry I get a kick out of them) or even his coonskin cap, and I loved Glenn in the shades and backwards ball cap, just makes them look younger and like the ROCK STARS they are!! I just feel they are showing their individual personalities, & I personally LOVE that! Again, this is just my opinion!

I couldn't have said it better, TBF. This is exactly how I feel, too.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I agree. Willie's comments pretty much sum up my feelings as well. I don't quite understand the logic of why I wouldn't buy a music DVD because of the clothes that the performers are wearing. If that were the case, I surely wouldn't have spent all that money to see them live in the suits either.

And great pics, Koala - thanks!
    Last edited by Ive always been a dreamer; 06-09-2009 at 10:29 AM.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Here's my issue... they are rockstars, BE rockstars, not corporate CEO's on stage. Also, if suits are Glenn's personal style (a la his solo career), then personally, I wish he would reserve suits for himself and not make his style spill over to the band. I mean, the other three have pretty much said they don't really care for the suits.

When they are in suits, nearly all the pics look the same and you can't figure out which show they are from. Not to mention, it's kinda boring. I want their personal style and flair. I mean, how exciting was it to see them in jeans?

I've said this elsewhere... I'm not looking for them to be rockstars like Aerosmith in their spandex, but throw us a bone and wear jeans or leather!

Also, as far as a DVD... their style of dress has no impact on how I feel about them or their music. PEF sounds the same in suits or denim.

I also like the casual wear because that is what I wear when I go to a concert. But honestly I don't care what they wear as long as they don't show up in dresses.

They sound good when they perform and that's what they do this for. Not to be criticized for what they choose to wear. The suits aren't that bad and they don't look like corporate business men,they look nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_For_Life View Post
    I also like the casual wear because that is what I wear when I go to a concert. But honestly I don't care what they wear as long as they don't show up in dresses.

They sound good when they perform and that's what they do this for. Not to be criticized for what they choose to wear. The suits aren't that bad and they don't look like corporate business men,they look nice.

That's the point, It is a concert, Not a Business meeting, therefore the suits are all wrong. JMHO.

I agree that the casual jeans & sneakers is the way we like to see them. Love those butts in the jeans, just can't get around that. Butmy personally opinion is this: it doesn't matter what they wear because they sound fabulous no matter what the wardrobe is. Can't speak for anyone but myself and all I can say is, we aren't the fashion police. The true beauty is in the music whether they're wearing Levi Strauss or Brooks Brothers.
    I just need a little downtime.........

Thanks, Koala. I looked earlier and couldn't find anything so I appreciate the link. They sounded totally on fire!
    I just need a little downtime.........