Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Going to London!

Default Re: Going to London!

I see, L&M - it's amazing people would get so upset about not meeting the band when it nowhere implies that you do! But I guess some people just don't pay attention. I always quadruple close-read anything I'm spending that much money on - hence the screen shot! lol

Besides, who can complain when you get things like an Eagles travel mug and luggage tag to boot?

~

eaglesfans

LOL! I think the travel mug is pretty useless, but then I don't drink coffee. The CD case is really nice, though. We're going to three VIPs in England. I have no idea what we're going to do with all the "stuff". I guess we're going to mail it back home. No sense taking up room in the suitcase with it all.

Could be worse, guys. Although I know it's a different sort of thing, the Arizona Heart Institute gift bags were horrendous. The plastic bag they handed us contained such delights as a slinky, a chip clip/magnet combo, a pill box, and band-aids. I kid you not.

But hey, I got to meet STEVIE, and tell her how much I adored her music and that I hoped she never stopped sharing it with us. And my goober-esque super-hyper demeanor (me bounding up, throwing out my arms and hollering "HEY GUYS!!!") made her laugh - one of the few times she smiled at that after party (we later discovered her father was dying at the time). I got to meet Don too of course, which was great - he was very cool, also found my behavior amusing - but Stevie's my girl, and that made it worth it right there (plus helping people with the charity donation and all that - but let's be real - I did it for Stevie). So I didn't care TOO much, even if myself and all my friends thought the bags were too lame for words.

I guess I should warn you guys I'm going to meet, I do have a tendency to get very hyper when I'm excited! Kay, Karen, and Lissa can all testify to that! This in spite of the fact that at Pebble Beach, I went entirely the other way and hid behind Lissa half the time, hardly ever speaking. Don't ask me why that didn't happen with Stevie because I don't know. I love her just as much, if not more - there are some things only girls truly "get," and that gives her an edge over Glenn. Just a tiny one.

P.S. Don was smiling before the pic - really!

Sorry for the tangent! Just reliving happy memories a bit!

~

L&M, thanks for that. I flip between real names and tags randomly, but L&M is much easier to type! So these tickets include a bit of behind the scenes do they? I am being very tempted. Will have to check the bank balance. After all, I have to pay up to £300 for a one day conference, but that is usually reimbursed. Maybe I could say this is a conference!

I'm also quite used to goody bags from pharmaceutical companies - I think I have the ultimate collection of memory sticks at present - mostly 16 megs so only useful for serious work powerpoint presentations. Backing up my 'Wasted Time' photo file is a 500 Mb job now!

No worries about hyperness - I'll be there with you!

That is a cool picture. You and Stevie look great, Don looks a bit overwhelmed, but I know what it's like - taking pictures of my family - one second too late and you get the frown or something.

~~~

This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border

Nancy, I'm excited for you. It's wonderful that you'll be able to meet up with Lisa, Mel and Kate and spend some time with them face to face! I'm trying really hard to contain my little green monster!

eaglesfans

Molly---

You know we make 2 visits a year to Wisconsin. We can't spend ALL our time with our families. Maybe some time we can meet up. We need to meet up with Shelley (moonrambler) on one of those visits too. We can have a big ol' Cheesehead reunion. <G>

Stuck on the Border

That sounds great! We'll figure something out, I'm sure!

Tonight, after spending some time checking out timelines regarding my job and my older sister's due date (July 1), I've tentatively decided to leave either June 14th or 15th and come back the 25th. That's subject to change once I get my assignment, though!

~

So glad you're getting to see them again Nancy and in London no less! You'll have a ball and it will be very cool to hang out with others you know from the boards. Looking forward to hearing all about it

I agree! It is wonderful that you are going to London!

We who are stuck here in the States can't wait to hear all about it!