Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Walsh: He's everywhere!

Border Desperado

Default Joe Walsh: He's everywhere!

After two months of grueling travel (spread out over3 months) I'm back. I'm really glad to be back and I am especially looking forward to the concert Tiffany Twisted and I will be attending next week, none other than Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood appearing live at the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia. Upon my arrival home from my most recent trip, TT, my better half presented me with a gift...the just released Clapton/Winwood live DVD.

Needless to say I couldn't wait to pop it into the home theater system and take it all in. Well, while I'm pouring over the liner notes I make an interesting discovery. The Steve Winwood song, Split Decision, was co written by Steve Winwood and JOE WALSH! How cool is that? I looked it up with a Google search and there is a link on the Wikipedia web page to the Joe Walsh web page.

I never knew the two collaberated on anything. At the time of Winwood's Back in the High Life Winwood's song writing partner was Wil Jennings. I was really surprised to find this and thought I'd share it with all of my brother and sister Eagle fans here on the Border.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Joe Walsh: He's everywhere!

JAHH - First of all, glad to have you back. We've missed ya! Hope you won't be away so long next time and have a great time a the concert next week. I didn't know that Steve and Joe had ever collaborated on writing songs either, so thanks for that tidbit.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

JAHH - you have brought back memories of a song which I had totally forgotten. I used to have the Back In The High Life album on record years ago. I may have to purchase that track on iTunes because I remember that it was pretty good.

Good to hear from you, JAHH!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&q=htt...V8An_HXZdJIQnw Got this as a Google alert but what is it?
    Have any of you heard about this? Is it a new CD or just a lot of old one put together?

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

"You bought it, You name it" is Joe's 5th solo album and was released in 1983. The track listing the guy in the review gives, is the same track listing on the album. I dont know why he'd call it a new release. I've had the MP3's for a long time.

Wishful thinking?? I knew if Joe had put anything new out, his fan club would have put out some kind of message.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - not quite sure what that is all about being that the album is over 25 years old now. AEF, I don't know if you are aware of it or not, but just thought I'd mention that Joe's complete discography is available on JoeWalshOnline. Here is a link to the page with his solo work if you are interested.

http://www.joewalshonline.com/solo/index.htm

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Maybe it's just a reprinting (remastering) of that album? Even so, I'd think we'd have heard something...expecially if alphabet soup (Bill Szymczyk) remastered it.

MikeA

I don't have this CD of Joe's. What is your take on it, is it worth buying? I usually find songs on his CDs that I like but have to save money in case they ever tour in this direction.