Well, my view and ranking of One of These Nights is decidedly different from most others here, I know. I have railed against this as my least favorite album along with my reasons why in previous threads (such as the the favorite albums and weakest songs threads), suffice it to say the slick, lush, and disco-tinged sound and over-production style kill it for me. As others have said, it is a very uneven album, with a stark dichotomy between Bernie's songs, and most of the rest of the album.

However, while most everyone ranks the 'Big 3' singles as the by far the best of the album, these are not among my favorites. The song OOTN is my least favorite of all their 'hits', and I find it virtually unlistenable. To me, the standout track on the album is the much maligned 'Journey of the Sorcerer', which is just brilliant, a tremendously inventive and exciting mix of bluegrass and spaced-out, otherworldy hipness, probably the only space-age banjo song ever made. It may not sound much like a 'typical' Eagles song, but it is great, and certainly the most original and exciting song on the album. And yes, it does show that Bernie and the Eagles were moving in very different directions at the time. My problem is that I think it was Bernie that was more on the right track, and the Eagles veering off in the wrong direction, but I guess that's just me (Fortunately, they got back on track with HC, unfortunately, however, without Bernie)

Anyway, here is my alternative view ranking of OOTN

1. Journey of the Sorcerer
2. Take it To The Limit
3. I Wish You Peace (actually a very nice acoustic song, but it was ruined on the album by the sappy strings and overproduction).
4. After the Thrill is Gone
5. Lyin' Eyes
6. Hollywood Waltz
7. Visions
8. Too Many Hands
9. One of These Nights