Thread: Eagles Online Radio Show

Default Re: Eagles Online Radio Show

Wow! What a tracklist!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Heard Smuggler's Blues a bit ago and it occured to me that he plays solo stuff from all the current Eagles except you know who. So I just emailed him and requested he play anything off of Expando because it would be great to hear it get a little airplay. We'll see what happens. I wonder how often they record some of his bits on here and how often they change things up. It really would be nice and helpful if he would play some Tim stuff.

I'm surprised he doesn't play Tim's music. Tim always has nice things to say about Joe. Mmmmmm - come on Joe, let's hear some Timmy.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Ok, so we all have to send Joe an email or call in. Joe, play some Tim!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Got tired of my Pandora Christmas playlist today so turned on Eagles Radio and they are playing Wilco, I'm The Man Who Loves You. I know we have a Borderer her that really likes them so of course I thought about that. Also, about a half hour ago, Joe said "Hey Danielle, yes I remember the Eagles Chicks sign. Thanks for your email". I'm assuming that was Danielle aka Mrs. Henley because I seem to remember her saying she had written him an email. So at least we know he is reading the emails.

Gotta say, loving the little spots of Timothy saying things like "welcome to Eagles Radio" and such!!! I just wish they would play some of his music.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Someone help me out here. I'm listening to Sirius Radio today and a spot just came on of Timothy saying "my favorite part of the holidays blah blah....", anyways, same commercial I've been hearing on Eagles Radio. My question is (and maybe I already knew, but forgot) is Eagles Radio somehow connected with Sirius/XM satelite radio? I'm confused!

TBF, thanks for thinking of me when you heard Wilco! Of course, there may be other Borderers who love Wilco too! LOL.
    Speaking of Wilco, I have never seen them in concert, and hubby is taking me to see them for my birthday in February-can hardly wait!!

"Eagles Radio" is part of the "iheartradio" network which is owned by Clear Channel, Sirius/XM's competitor (unless they somehow merged when I wasn't looking). Is the spot a commercial for Expando that Timothy could have purveyed in order to promote his album?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Nope-he doesn't even mention Expando, just says something like "This is Timothy B Schmit of the Eagles and I enjoy the holidays because....yadda yadda yadda". It just really surprised me this morning when I heard it on The 70's on 7 channel because I know I've heard several times on Eagles Radio this week also.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stars View Post
    TBF, thanks for thinking of me when you heard Wilco! Of course, there may be other Borderers who love Wilco too! LOL.
    Speaking of Wilco, I have never seen them in concert, and hubby is taking me to see them for my birthday in February-can hardly wait!!
    I'm going off topic here, but... my good friend/co-worker lives in the same neighborhood as Jeff Tweedy. She couldn't make it to Timothy's show, because she was at the Wilco show that night. They have mutual neighborhood friends and have mixed it up at some parties. Cool, eh?

Bringing this forward again because listening this morning, which I haven't done in a very, very long time. Like I said in another thread, I'm hearing Timothy's voice during the song breaks more than Joe's today.

I'm wondering how often they replay things or change the format, etc.? The reason is because since I haven't listened for so long, I thought maybe I'd hear some newer interviews, promotions for the fall season shows, etc., but I just heard an interview from Joe with David Gilmour (thought of you Lou!) which I had heard ages ago. And then a bit ago, they actually played a commercial for the "Summer Tour with the Dixie Chicks and Keith Urban". WTH? Seriously? They're within days of starting their fall tour, why are they still playing this instead of something new to promote the upcoming shows? That kind of disappointed me.