Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "Eagles" LP!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Celebration of "Eagles" LP!

As usual, I am reposting my list of songs on the 'Eagles" album in order of my favorite to least favorite. As always, if others want to post their list, I'll compile the results at the end of our celebration week. Here goes ...

1. Take It Easy
    2. Peaceful Easy Feeling
    3. Witchy Woman
    4. Chug All Night
    5. Train Leaves Here This Morning
    6. Nightingale
    7. Most of Us Are Sad
    8. Tryin’
    9. Take the Devil
    10. Earlybird

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    HAPPY 40th ANNIVERSARY EAGLES!!!!!!

Well - the official 40th anniversary date for the band is here. Their very first album was released on June 17, 1972. Most folks don't consider this their best album, but it was a pretty impressive debut album for this young southern California country rock band.
    Any record that contains TIE, WW & PEF has got to be awesome. I think that those songs alone make it pretty impressive for a first album, not to mention the strength of the rest of the songs on it! They hadn't even been together that long at that point! Those 3 songs have become classics. Still popular after 40 years!

Happy Anniversary Eagles LP!

Love TIE, PEF, and WW from this album. TIE to me is their "country" Hotel California.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

1. Take It Easy
    2. Peaceful Easy Feeling
    3. Witchy Woman
    4. Train Leaves Here This Morning
    5. Chug All Night
    6. Take The Devil
    7. Most Of Us Are Sad
    8. Nightingale
    9. Tryin'
    10. Earlybird

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - the birthday celebration for this album may have been a little overshadowed by the band's 40th anniversary celebration so I thought I'd revive this thread with a little bit of info about the album's gatefold. Many of you may already know this, but, hopefully, it will be new interesting trivia for some others.

Earlier in this thread I posted a picture of the album's gatefold. However, when you open the actual cover of the album, the picture appears upside down like this ...

According to Gary Burden, the art designer of the album, the album was supposed to open all the way to display all four panels. If it had been designed like this, the inverted picture would have dropped down when opened all the way to be the bottom panels showing the guys looking up towards the sky from the dungeon.

However, according to Gary in the Under the Covers DVD, the record company decided that design would be too much money too fork over for an unknown band, so 'an "economic adjustment" was made and the idea was scrapped. They went ahead and printed the picture upside down anyway just for grins.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Until I saw Under the Covers, I never knew this gatefold existed. My copy of the album is just the sleeve with the desert pics on the front and back, and an inside paper sleeve with a desert flower photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    HAPPY 40th ANNIVERSARY EAGLES!!!!!!

Well - the official 40th anniversary date for the band is here. Their very first album was released on June 17, 1972. Most folks don't consider this their best album, but it was a pretty impressive debut album for this young southern California country rock band. Of course, the members weren't from southern California at all and, not only that, but they actually recorded the album in London. Oh well - details, details.
    Well said Dreamer!! and...

HAPPY 4OTH ANNIVERSARY EAGLES!!!

My mind is Tiffany twisted

I just listened to Eagles yesterday for the first time in ages. I'm glad I did because I remembered I liked songs I had forgotten all about. Here's my list:

1. Witchy Woman
    2. Take the Devil
    3. Peaceful Easy Feeling
    4. Most of Us Are Sad
    5. Take It Easy
    6. Nightingale
    7. Train Leaves Here This Morning
    8. Chug All Night
    9. Tryin’
    10. Earlybird

I can't really say there are any stinkers on this album, despite what some of the guys might think about their early work. For a debut album, they did a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by Windeagle View Post
    I just listened to Eagles yesterday for the first time in ages. I'm glad I did because I remembered I liked songs I had forgotten all about. Here's my list:

1. Witchy Woman
    2. Take the Devil
    3. Peaceful Easy Feeling
    4. Most of Us Are Sad
    5. Take It Easy
    6. Nightingale
    7. Train Leaves Here This Morning
    8. Chug All Night
    9. Tryin’
    10. Earlybird

I can't really say there are any stinkers on this album, despite what some of the guys might think about their early work. For a debut album, they did a great job.
    Don't know this album, except for tracks 1, 3 & 5. I went looking a couple of days ago for anything Eagles on CD, saw the white double CD a few days before that and somebody had beat me to it..the first Greatest Hits was there though, the blue album. So I'm on a mission to catch up on the albums (I don't have any now, lost them in a move).
    I See what You see...

Default Re: Happy Anniversary Eagles LP!

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    Yeah, that picture doesn't do them justice! How funny, now we all think one is more stunning than the next.
    Hey, LTL...thought I'd mention that this pic of Tim in your avatar looks like one of our (Australia's) 60s music legends, Doug Parkinson..except his voice is completely the opposite of Timothy's, very deep and gutsy!

www.milesago.com/artists/dougpark.htm

One of the best rock voices I've ever heard, world class

I See what You see...