Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "Eagles" LP!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Celebration of "Eagles" LP!

That was a good write-up with the exception of those careless errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Maybe she was in that all-female Eagles tribute act with Glenda Frey, Josephine Walsh, Bernadette Leadon and the two Donnas.

.... and not forgetting Kimmie
    And that is too funny, F50.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Banned

The Eagirls

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Yeah, we can't forget Kimmie. Without her there would be no one to do the high pitched vocals in this era of the band.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I hardly ever listen to the Eagles when my girlfriend is with me. She doesn't care for them that much, although she certainly doesn't hate them either. But I was listening to this album today, and when she heard "Take the devil", she went "what is this?". She loved the song - especially the chorus. She hardly ever mentions guitar solos, but she also really liked Glenn's solo at the end of the song.

Reminds me of an old school friend of mine who didn't like the Eagles at all, but really loved Bitter Creek when he heard it. On the KISSFAQ forum I "met" a guy who can't stand the Eagles, but loves Journey Of The Sorcerer.

I'm starting to think that we should compile a collection CD called "Eagles for the Eagles haters".
    bwahahahahaha!!! this is a great idea lol i was driving down my block blasting "Heartache Tonight" and people were looking in the car like what the hell... and thats when i turned it up even louder. they can hate.
    SilverAcidRayne is offline Report Post

I hear both of you. My family thinks I've lost a marble from my marble jar because these days all I listen to are the Eagles. Sorry folks except for one or two other artists I cannot take today's music......

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I logged on three times today to revive this thread and finally remembered once on the board!

Happy 43rd anniversary, Eagles!!!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Happy 43rd anniversary to one of the best debut albums!

I don't have time to rate the songs right now, but I will before I go to bed.
    -Kim-

I'm doing this a little later than I wanted to, but those Shrek movies are soo good!

My rating scale:
    5-love it
    4-great
    3-good
    2 - meh
    1 - sucks

Unlike what I've been doing, I'm going to rank them the order I like them (favorite to least favorite )

1. Take it Easy- 5. I've loved it since I was a kid. Every time I hear, whatever problems I'm dealing with instantly dissappear and I relax. For a few minutes, I'm in another world, like cloud 9 or heaven.

2. Peaceful Easy Feeling- 5. It's a tie between this one and WW for #2, but today, this one wins. As a kid, I thought that it was boring (I would say to radio, "play LITFL or HC ir TIE. Any Eagles song, but this one ). As I've gotten older, I've come to love this song. (Hey, 19 is 2x older than 9). Like TIE, this song really relaxes me.

3. Witchy Woman- 5. So dark and mysterious. I love it. I girst thought that it was CCR doing this song because it reminds me of Born on the Bayou or Bad Moon Rising.

4. Nightingale - 4. I've heard the song several times now, and I can't believe how young, relaxed, and carefree Don sounds!

5. Take The Devil. -3.5 Randy sounds great here and I love the guitar sound

6. Earlybird- 3.5. I'd rank it 5th and givd a 4 if it wasn't for the stupid birds chirping in the beginning. Skip the first 30 seconds! Some nice bluegrass music here.

7. Chug All Night- 3.5. Love, love the music. The lyrics on the other hand, ... not so much, but hey, they were young and weren't much older than I am now, so I can't complain

8. The Train Leaves Here This Morning -3. Nice and pleasant,but it doesn't stand out

9.Most of Us are Sad-3, eh I just don't feel it. It's out of place on the album. By that, a slow ballad to follow Witchy Woman and Chig All Night? I don't think that that was a good idea. I like it better just listening to it by itself

10. Tryin 3, again I just don't feel it. I'll stop the album after PEF.

As I said above, Eagles is one of the best debut albums ever. 3 classic songs, and some nice deep cuts. A few are meh, but still not sucky quality. They would only get better over the next 8 years, imo.
    -Kim-

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I will never forget hearing this complete album for the first time back in April of 1973! Living in the boondocks of Missouri, buying albums wasn't easy! I had heard Take It Easy and Witchy Woman on the radio and loved them. My husband (then boyfriend) brought the album to school and we played it while decorating the gym for prom. Loved it then and still do! Fabulous memories go with it!

HAPPY 43RD ANNIVERSARY, EAGLES!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Banned

I thought Most Of Us Are Sad was great, the first time I heard it but I quickly got irreversibly tired of it, however as it was the song that turned Glynn Johns onto the Eagles, I think it had a strong case for being included in the History Of The Eagles set list.

Never really liked any of the tracks on the first Eagles LP, Witchy Woman was my favourite off the radio and Trying got more interesting after I heard the longer live version.

I think Take It Easy is an enjoyable track but rather over rated. I'm kinda glad that Don mentions that Witchy Woman was the more successful single.

As Don developed and blossomed as a lead vocalist, Take It Easy seemed to become Glenn's up-tempo, go to, Eagles song. It does have a wonderful uplifting intro though, that is just about maintained throughout the song

Have to say love the whole album. Happy Anniversary. I remember when it came out. Wow am I old.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............