Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: London, England 6-18-06

Default London, England 6-18-06

FIRST ROW guys. I got FIRST ROW. Right in front of Joe, within a stone's throw of Glenn. And it was SO AWESOME.

I'm actually kind of overwhelmed. Being up so close, I was afraid to take photos - besides I didn't want to think about anything but enjoying the moment. Hopefully other people got some lovely photos!

The crowd wasn't as into it as they were last night. It wasn't until Dirty Laundry that people started realizing they were at a rock concert. Once again, by Heartache Tonight, everyone was on their feet.

No Rocky Mountain Way and ASWTDID, but we did get Already Gone - yay!

Glenn was AMAZING, even more energetic and hot than last night. I know you probably think I'd say that regardless but it's true. He was 'on' from minute 1. Even the girl next to me, who prefers Don, got blown away by how sexy Glenn was. In the first half, he wore a black T-shirt and a colored overshirt, the same one he wore in Rome. After 'halftime' he wore a white T-shirt and a black overshirt. I think Don wore something red... actually I have to admit that right now my brain is kind of fried by the whole experience and I'm not sure what anyone was wearing except Glenn. Being up that close to him at a concert - well, it blew my mind. But I'll try to be as coherent as possible.

The other guys were great too, especially Joe. He and Glenn seemed very lively. I liked how Joe smiled and waved to the girls who were standing up trying to get on his helmet cam. Beforehand, he'd said 'I don't care what you do, just do SOMETHING.' I decided to go the shrieking and jumping route, lol, and was one of the ones rewarded with a smile! There were no extra frills to the songs that I noticed, although Glenn did that 'cloudy days' ad lib again. No mess ups - all the vocals and instrumentation was dead on. These guys have it down.

Nancy's moments: And here is why I'm REALLY freaking out. Glenn saw me and actually seemed to recognize me! I know I told you guys that I didn't want him to see me, and in truth at first I was embarrassed. There were times when I was standing up and not many around me were, and then he would occasionally squint over at me - I guess thinking 'Have I seen that odd girl before?' - and I would back up closer to my seat and try to get out of his line of sight. All the while I was thinking 'You're imagining it. He doesn't see you. He happens to be squinting in your direction. It's a coincidence. Don't worry about it.'

But finally, towards the very end when I was dancing around out in front, he actually winked at me. I turned to the girl next to me - 'Did he just wink at us?!' She said 'No, he winked at YOU!' Still, I couldn't believe it. I started glancing around to see if there were any cute girls or kids behind me. When I turned back, Glenn looked kind of frustrated and finally he just pointed at me. I was like 'SQUEEE!' and smiled a big stupid grin. I know something like is just a little thing, but it made my evening! This is especially true since I was worried that if he saw me and recognized me, he would get freaked out or something. I am so paranoid. Anyway, like I said, it blew my mind - sorry that my review is so sucky as a result! But it's just too much for me! AAAH!!!

~

Border Desperado

Default Re: London Wembley Review

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

*THUD*

Ahem. As you can see, my mind is also blown.

OH MY GOD. That is so fantastic beyond words!!!!! Congratulations Nancy!!!!!!! As Julie said...he knows you!

-----

~*She'll always be...the girl from yesterday...*~

My friend and I: "Nice coat Glenn!"

Joe Walsh, at next pause between songs: "Hey, nice coat, Glenn."

Glenn: "Thanks, thanks...yah, I picked this up at the..Liberace garage sale, glad you like it..."

I don't know - the more I think about it, the more I think maybe it was just coincidence, that he winked at me because I was dancing around and not because he recognized me. That seems too much to hope for, really. And nothing about me is striking or memorable!

~

Front row?!?!?!?!? That's fabulous! You probably wanted to run around screaming when you found out. (I know I did when I found out my seat in Bakersfield directly lined up with Timmy's mike.)

Not memorable? Don't sell yourself short!

-------------

Cause I'm livin' on things that excite me,
    Be they pastries or lobsters or love;
    I'm just tryin' to get by being quiet and shy,
    In a world full of pushin' and shove.

Nancy, I know you hinted at this last night but this is awesome! He knows you for sure, and is being warm and charming! Sigh!

I have a few tales to tell from last night and will post them later. Suffice to say the whole experience has been mind blowing, and I am so glad I went!

~~~

This way to happiness...

Nancy...great review! I am so glad you got front row and Glenn remembers you!!!!! So fantastic!!!

The show was great. Meeting Joe was unbelievable!!!! He is adorable. I was worried about where we were sitting but luckily they turned out to be pretty good seats. We were to the left of the stage (looking from the front) in the first row. Plenty of room to dance and we did! When we got there we started talking to a bloke who turned out to be Glenn's guitar tech. He was lovely and VERY friendly He even gave us one of Glenn's guitar picks each... We had some very special moments. One being Joe waved to myself, Toonie and Midnight Girl during The Long Run. He had wanted to know where we were sitting when we met him. He also gave us a chance to shine during Life's Been Good, some may call it being shameless lol. Glenn laughed at us quite a bit and came over to the side of the stage and gave us a little dance!! There were a couple of bad moments but they had nothing to do with the guys. No More Cloudy Days and Take It To The Limit were again excellent. It was so sweet of Glenn to dedicate NMCD to their kids on Father's Day...awwwww. I didn't want this show to end, it was so wonderful in many ways. Today it finally hit me that it is over. It was lovely meeting you guys and I am so glad that we all had a good time. Lets hope we can do it again one day

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow ladies! <VBS> just <VBS>! I sooooo wish I could have been there with all of you.

And Nancy - I think Glenn probably remembers you!

~~~~~~

I'm just a hired hand working on the dreams I plan to try. The days go by...

Stuck on the Border

WM, Kate and Nancy -it's wonderful that you all had such a great time. Thanks for sharing all the details.

Nancy, you are just too hard on yourself. Whether or not Glenn actually recognized your face -that doesn't matter -he certainly recognized how much of a fan you are and I'm sure appreciated how much you were appreciating him!

Z, seems I do remember hearing that in Sacramento security had to ask some crazy woman wearing only body paint to stop running around and screaming "Anaconda, anaconda" and to please take her seat. You mean, that was you?

Stuck on the Border

I agree with Sheryl, Nancy, I think he remembers you for sure. Feel honoured. It's something special.

Actually Molly, I had the urge to run around screaming in Bakersfield when I was still quite innocent. It wasn't until after Sacramento (when I met Nancy, Kay and Lissa) that I became the way I am now.

-------------

Cause I'm livin' on things that excite me,
    Be they pastries or lobsters or love;
    I'm just tryin' to get by being quiet and shy,
    In a world full of pushin' and shove.