Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul McCartney

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Paul McCartney

Oh yes MF! They remind me of cheese..........always yummy, but mature gracefully with age!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    MF, to answer your question (I didn't quote your post because the board is very slow today):

I saw the Off The Ground/New World tour in 1992 (not 1982 as I said in my post). It was the only solo tour he's done down here. I was on the stadium floor in the front row of the second section about halfway back so I had a great view. The highlight was probably the fireworks during Live & Let Die and of course the Beatles songs. I guess I can say that I got to see the late lamented Lady Linda.

I must say as a general observation however that the quality of some of his solo work isn't perhaps as great as it should be. There are a lot of 'filler' tracks on those albums. Some of them which I had on record I didn't bother buying on CD - albums like McCartney II (even though that contains Waterfalls), Pipes Of Peace & Press To Play. The only recent album I have is Flaming Pie, most of which I think is pretty good.

If you want to hear something different though, check out the Unplugged and CHOBA B CCCP albums. I am sure that Mrs Frey would appreciate the version of That's All Right Mama on the Russian album - and there is a fantastic version of Ain't No Sunshine on Unplugged.
    Wow, FP, thanks for posting this. How fantastic it must have been to see Paul from that close to the stage. And it's great that you got to see Linda too. I felt very sad when she passed away.

I must admit, I don't have anywhere near to all of Paul's solo albums. I have the compilation "All The Best", "Flowers In The Dirt" (most of which I'm not crazy about, but I love "My Brave Face", "This One" and "Put It There"), "Off The Ground" (I'm nuts about the title track and "Hope Of Deliverance", the latter which became the Song of the Year on one of our local radio stations at the end of 1992), "Unplugged", "Flaming Pie" (which I proceeded to play endlessly - "Young Boy" was the only song from the album played on any of our local radio stations, but the whole album is brilliant, in my opinion) and "Run Devil Run" (where Paul covers several rock 'n roll classics). I've never seen Paul's entire solo collection in any of our record stores - I'd have to import them if I want them (as I had to do with Glenn Frey's solo material).

Strangely enough, I'd often wanted to purchase the "Russian album", and even saw it available on a few occasions, but never got around to buying it. I heard two of the recordings from the album played on radio as far back as 1991 (which I proceeded to tape ), but one of them was not "That's All Right", unfortunately. I'd love to hear it. It just so happens that I have heard Paul sing this song, though: he performs it (and I know you know this, FP ) with The Beatles on the "Live At The BBC" collection, which I absolutely love. It's one of my favourite Elvis songs too - I even selected the song to record myself 10 years ago when I made my demo CD.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesvet View Post
    Paul is set to be the first concert opener this summer at CitiField, the new home of the NY Mets. Billy Joel was the last concert closer last summer at Shea Stadium, along with some special guests (John Mayer is the only one that comes to mind immediately)---they called it "The Last Play at Shea", which I thought was clever. I'm not sure yet how they are billing Paul's shows there.

My hubby and I saw Paul in Madison Square Garden back in Dec. 1989 on our 3rd date...it was a GREAT show! I guess it was the Flowers in the Dirt album tour, which we then both got each other as part of our Christmas gifts.
    Thanks for posting this, Eaglesvet. I read an article in our local newspaper regarding this concert, and have since proceeded to forget about it. I suppose I tend to put things out of my mind that hurt... i.e. that I won't be able to see him!

I take it the whole idea for Paul to open the replacement stadium for Shea is because The Beatles held the first ever rock concert there in 1965, to the largest concert audience ever played to (around 55,000 people attended, I believe, although one couldn't hear much amidst the screaming). What I didn't like about the Shea stadium concert is that the boys were so far away from their audience. These four little guys in the middle of the field of this gigantic stadium performing to their fans out at the sides. It could not have been (and was not) a particularly enjoyable concert for them.

What a fantastic third date you had with your hubby! It's like a fairytale.

Stuck on the Border

Everyone check this out. If you are like me you will be moved to tears.

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story....oung_in_London

WOW, what a treat for the Neil Young fans!

That is the first time I've seen Paul performing on stage without an instrument. And my goodness, what good shape he is in!

That's a great on-stage rendition of "A Day In The Life". Not even The Beatles got a chance to perform it live.

How I wish John Lennon was still around...

It's funny - when I went to London in March last year to see the Eagles, I had this fantasy about seeing Paul in the audience...

FP, thanks so much for posting that link. It was very fun to watch and I agree with Mrs F - Paul looks very good there! Loved it! Neil didn't have very much guitar left by the end! Amazing!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

It was announced 2 days ago that Paul McCartney is going to be playing the one year anniversary show at the BOK Center in Tulsa, OK on Aug. 17th. My friend Christie has got the hook up and is going to get us the tickets. She even said a friend of hers may rent out a limo. Pretty cool!!!! At all of the Eagles concerts that I've been too, i've seen lines of limos outside the venues and always wanted to be in one of those and now I may finally get that chance. I'll keep you all updated and let you know how it goes.

Somebody put the press conference on youtube. There's even a few mentions of the Eagles.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7WvUiZUx8Y[/ame]
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Jess, I'm excited! Paul puts on a great show!
    ~ Cathy ~

Paul is performing tonight in Halifax, Nova Scotia. I saw a news report about the preparations and anticipation for the concert. The reporter said that he sounded fantastic during the soundcheck. It is an outdoor venue & they are expecting 60,000 people. I wonder if GlennHoney was going, as she lives in Nova Scotia?

Saw an ad last night - Paul will be on Letterman on Wednesday night for the first time ever!
    ~ Cathy ~