Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "The End of the Innocence"

Default Re: Celebration of "The End of the Innocence"

I love this song, one of my favorites ever. The Grammy was well deserved!

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I'm a date late, but I wanted to mention that yesterday, Feb. 21, marks the 20th anniversary of Don winning the best male rock vocal grammy for The End of the Innocence. It was definitely well-deserved. I love the song and Don's mournful, yearning vocals.
    The 20th, Dreamer? I’m younger than I thought!

Seriously, though, this was a wonderful honor for Don and he was very deserving.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I knew it was 30 years, but must have had 2020 on my mind. But, I'm all over knocking 10 years off my age.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Happy 31st Birthday to the End of the Innocence album. My favorite of Don's. Great songs on there.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO THE END OF THE INNOCENCE!!!

This is Don at his finest IMHO. I love this album too - it is my favorite of all Don's solo albums and my second favorite Eagles solo album of all time.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I appreciate the title track so much more now that I’m older. Beautiful. I remember “If Dirt Were Dollars” getting solid radio play back in the day on the local rock station...a solid album, But not a fan of the hair...90s are hard to look at fashion wise, imo.

Happy Anniversary to EOTI.

Not my favorite Don album, but I do prefer it over I Can't Stand Still, Inside Job, and Cass County. It's a little too stripped back for my tastes, leaning more on the pop/rock sentiment, but I can appreciate the songwriting. I prefer the more ear candy radio hits like TBOS, ASWTDID, DL, SG, etc. Count me in as a synthesizer-laden Building The Perfect Beast fan. I can't get enough of that 80s sound that some love to hate.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Happy 31st Birthday to The End of the Innocence album. I love this album.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Great album. I still share the same thoughts as I posted last year.

I'm a BTPB super fan, but this is my 2nd favorite of Don's albums. On this record, New York Minute is my favorite song. I do notice a definite heavy leaning on simplistic, pulled back acoustic sounds on this record, particularly on the title track and THOTM. I like the title track more between those two. I feel like perhaps I've grown tired of THOTM over the years, although if I'm being fair I wasn't big on it ever, but I've gained a new appreciation for the title track. Should have been played with the Eagles in their unplugged set.

That said, as someone who normally either prefers an electric rockin' sound or more of an 80s synth thing, I feel it's still a good record to me and has songs I do like. I just feel like that this record while seen as the pinnacle of Don's solo work, let's just say, is perhaps not exciting enough for someone who appreciates AC/DC and Angus's stage antics. It's the same reason I don't "get" Dylan's work himself but love it when people like Guns N' Roses, The Rolling Stones, or Jimi Hendrix cover him. I'm really not an acoustic music soft rock kind of guy. I definitely am not a classy listener who gets into deep lyrical meaning or needs a song to be mentally enlightening. My music taste and what I'm after most of the time can be compared to what fast food is to formal dining. Spaghetti-O's vs a real Italian restaurant with fancy dishes. lol. No suit, no problem!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Happy 33rd Birthday to The End of the Innocence. It’s still my favorite.