Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson dies at age 50

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Michael Jackson dies at age 50

Is this really true? When I saw the thread I assumed you were talking about some other Michael Jackson.

This is so sudden - and all those dates that were scheduled for London?! I can't believe this has happened.

Remember all those great songs from Thriller - Beat It, Bille Jean, Human Nature and... 'life ain't so bad at all/I'm living off the wall'.

The coroner's office has just announced Micheal was pronounced dead at 2:26 pm local time this afternoon (about 2 hours ago).

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thats true indeed FP. I'm with everyone here. 50 is so young to die. I know some of his lifestyle practices were a little strange to some people, but it takes all kinds to make a world but he contributed tremendously to the world of music. Who will ever forget dancing to Thriller? Lets not forget too that he had 3 children who have now lost their dad.

May he rest in peace, and to his family and friends, my deepest sympathy.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Unbelievably unexpected!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Wow!! This is such a shock!! My prayers are with his loved ones.

With Farrah Fawcett passing today and now Michael, it's all that's talked about on tv right now.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow - what a horrible tragedy. He was definitely an enigma and controversial in many ways. However, he was also an extremely talented individual and a true American icon. My heart goes out to his family, especially his three young children, and also his fans.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Unhappy Re: Michael Jackson dies at age 50

It's tragic and a very great loss. My heart is sad he will be truely missed as will all the other losses we've had over the course of the last few days.

The coverage on the news networks has been constant, although Farrah Fawcett gets a few minutes in between "breaking news" about Michael Jackson. At this point, the "breaking news" is simply morbid footage of his body being transported to the coroner. I changed the channel.

How awful for his small children and family. I'm afraid, as was said earlier, it could get messy regarding their custody and the dispersal of his assets, especially since I believe he still owed a great deal to creditors.

As for the 50 dates at the O2, I can only imagine the hit the concert promoters will take. While I hope it's not the case, I think this could conceivably be financially devastating to some of the people who were heavily invested in that venture.

I was 7 when Thriller came out, and 12 when Bad came out. At the time, he was the biggest thing around. My friends and I all thought he was the greatest and tried to figure out how to moonwalk and dance like him.

Later, unfortunately, he began to physically exhibit his deeply troubled psychological state with his drastic and unnatural changes in appearance. The scandal with the young boys was also devastating. Even if no molestation took place, his behavior was inappropriate to say the least. All these things led to a career nosedive from which he never recovered.

However, when he is remembered, it will be as that incredibly talented iconic figure from the 80s who in many ways changed the rock music scene.

RIP, Michael.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I can't deny my love for I'll Be There, he was such a sweetie... but as time took over... we all know how that went.

In any case, I wonder if Paul will be able to buy back the rights to his own music now.

I heard the news as soon as I awoke this morning - my father, who had just heard the news himself, told me. I was shocked, and saddened.

I admit that I've never been a fan of Michael's, but he did mean a great deal to millions of people around the world. I do admire some of the work he did as a child, as there are very few children who can sing as beautifully as he could then. He certainly had a lot of talent, and wrote some beautiful songs.

I felt sorry for him, as I feel that his abnormal childhood contributed to his strange lifestyle. He never had a chance to be a child, and I think he spent much of his adulthood trying to compensate for that loss.

Sadly, Michael was not a man to do anything in moderation. When my father broke the news to me, I immediately suspected that he had succumbed to a heart attack. I had read the reports that he was busy trying to regain his fitness in order to carry out his famous dance routines in the series of O2 Arena performances he had scheduled. I can only guess that he was trying too hard, exerting himself to such an extent that his heart gave in. No one could expect a 50-year-old to perform like a 20-year-old. We all slow down as we grow older - it is a fact of life.

I feel so sorry for his three children, his family, and all others close to him. He never got the chance to redeem his public image, which I'm sure he desperately wanted. However, the fact that all his O2 Arena shows were sold out is testament to the man's popularity. Perhaps a redemption wasn't necessary after all.

May he rest in peace.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down